Fun at other people's expense

RedFire2003

Established Member
That Hotrod issue was such a joke I was looking at it in the store going to buy it and when I saw the Sti beat the Cobra I about threw it on the floor what a joke I couldnt even drive mine that well when I got it took it straight to the track and ran 13.2's all day at 3000ft car had less then 100 miles on the ticker and they were @ 107-109mph who ever was driving needs to be kicked in the nuts a few hundred times. Its really sad that Hotrod mag has turned into a Import lovin magazine. What a joke...

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
actually, a stock 4.6 will NOT run circles around a stock 5.0 - unless your talking about the cobras.

When I had my 93gt vert I raced my buddy in his 96gt vert and he only slightly pulled me up top. All I had was flowmasters...that was it.

on a lighter note, my buddy in that same 96gt vert raced a 5.0 ranger once cause the dude was saying "That's just a 4 point slow, it shouldn't even be a v8" and my buddy procceeded to walk him.

One night I had my cobra at the local ricer/highschool hangout spot and no one paid me any attention, so I calmly raised my voice and asked "Do any of you people actually street race?" one dude looked at me and said "You drive that cobra?" "I do, " I replied. "That's just a four point sickk. I don't waste my time with those" Then I kinda smirked at him and left. It kinda pissed me off, but oh well. I was outnumbered. I could feel myself getting dumber by the second.

Last edited:

epracmetcon

Established Member
Originally posted by cydewaze
I was again to be denied, as he stalled it, dead where it stood.

LoL, I had some dumb kid in a vw ask if I wanted to race at a light and I said no, but he still proceeded to try and launch the car but was unsuccessful as the tires chirpped and the car bucked uncontrolably til it finally stalled. I damn near stalled my car taking off I was laughing so hard.

SSlayer96

Wheeeeeee!!
Established Member
I love my 4.6 fella's and my 5.0. I don't understand why people assume smaller engine= less power? Some idiot's I don't know SH*T about cars and that bothers me. Example fellow in a 5.0 had a set of aluminum heads and flowmasters and swore up and down he would "SH*T on my Cobra." So, with all his friends watching I leave him sitting really bad and then ask what I have in it because he stated that he has beat several 03 Cobra's which I knew he was full of it. LoL

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by Doug
actually, a stock 4.6 will NOT run circles around a stock 5.0 - unless your talking about the cobras.

I agree, a stock DOHC 4.6 will pretty much have its way with any stock 5.0. SOHC 4.6, on the other hand, Vs a Fuel Injected fox 5.0 of the early 90's... I think its closer than alot of people think.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread