Fun at other people's expense

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
Dunno if this counts, but thought you'd enjoy nevertheless.

On my way home tonight, I stop by a gas station/convenience store. Parked in the lot is a Subaru WRX. Not the STI, but one of the last years frog-headlight deals, and it's sporting a fartpipe so big I think I can use it as a garage.

So I go in to get washer fluid, and some snacks. While I'm in there, there are three young dudes and a cute girl. They start running on about my car, loud enough for me to hear, and they obviously don't know jack about it, because I heard one of them say "5.0".

So I get my stuff, walk outside, pop the hood, and add my washer fluid. They follow me out a few seconds later and ask "What motor is that?" "4.6" I say. Then I hear one of them mumble something about it being "one of the slow ones".

So I leave, and of course, they follow me out. We come to the first light, and the kid raises his revs. Now, normally I don't street race at all, but in this case I decided an exception was in order.

The light goes green and I do kind of a clutch-slipping launch. It wasn't bad, not much wheel hop, and I only slip about a car length behind. By the top of first gear, we're dead even. I nail second. He nails.... neutral. I've never passed anything so fast in my life.

We come to the next light, and he's clearly flustered. It goes green and I get an even better launch, hooking up nicely with negligible wheel hop. Unfortunately, I was again to be denied, as he stalled it, dead where it stood.

They made the next right turn and sulked away. Oh well.

wlelandj

Established Member
Good kill. As a WRX owner (for sale), and hopeful Cobra owner, I'm amazed at the lack of respect some of the WRX/Sti and Evo owners show the Cobra. Don't get me wrong, I love my WRX...too much to launch it in the manner to get the numbers posted in the magazines or even my modified one is capable of. That's pretty much why I'm selling it. The Cobra, with its low-end torque, can be enjoyed every second behind the wheel.
-Leland

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
That irritates me soooo bad when idiots think the 4.6 is weaker than the 5.0 because its a smaller motor. How stupid are people, so many people think Ford did a bad thing when they down sized the Mustang engine. WTF, the 4.6 is more effiecient than the 5.0, but I guess some ricers don't seem to understand this! A stock 4.6 would run circles around a stock 5.0, the trick is finding one of those stock 5.0's though;-)

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
The WRX isn't a bad car at all. I had practically talked myself into one until I saw how far the Cobra had evolved. When it snows I still think about how the Sub woulda been, but overall I'm quite happy with my choice.

cydewaze

the bat!!!
Established Member
Well, I think it was pretty much a guaranteed kill, even if the dude could drive, because of the 4 people in the car. I wish I had been able to give him a clean beating, so he'd know better next time be pulled up to a stang at a light.

Sinister Angel

Buh Bye !
"Mommy mommy, I can't shift worth shit!" I've missed shifts maybe 3 times. Other than that, I make dodge neons my bitch.

On a side note, my car is nice and quite now with the water pump replaced.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
haha! You should have followed him. :)

lol I would have too... I would have kept following him until he stopped and yelled something along the lines of him losing. Or I would have just yelled "pooo tinky!" hahahah! :lol:

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
Originally posted by wlelandj
I'm amazed at the lack of respect some of the WRX/Sti and Evo owners show the Cobra.

its because of that HOTROD issue with the STi beating the '03cobra. i thought that issue was crap, a 13.30 was the best they could do with an '03. and they had nothing good to say about it.
Jd

Users who are viewing this thread