"Fun" car <$25,000 (used)...???

SADDLE

Rock Chalk
Established Member
I'm in the market for another vehicle for myself. I've owned trucks, sedans, sports cars and SUVs. I daily drive a F-150 and my wife is now driving an Escalade so I'm more inclined to buy a sport sedan or 2 door sports car. I've owned 03/04 Cobras, C5Z's and many foxbody mustangs. I always find myself searching for those same three cars along with WS6 Trans Ams. Can you guys open my eyes to anything I might be missing in the <$25k (used) category? The only imports that I've owned have been the Lexus LS and GS's and I've thoroughly enjoyed those cars.

One caveat, I want a deal, I wont pay retail. My goal is to try to drive these cars for free when the time comes to sell, if not turn a profit.

My go to searches...
'01 Speedway White/Mod Red Z06
'04 Competition Orange Cobra
'04 Screaming Yellow Cobra
Sunset Orange Metallic WS6 MN6
'99 Anniversary edition WS6 MN6
'99 Hugger Orange/White SS MN6

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
SOM WS6 6MT is one of my dream cars. I saw one down here for $11.5k and almost bought it anyways with no place to store it and no need for a 3rd car.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Third Gen TA or Iroc Z? Those are fun and simple cars. Not fast, but cool in their own right. Good car to get in to now, put a few dollars into enjoy and sell for a small profit in a couple years. Right now you could find a nice one below what you're looking at cost wise.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
&quot;Fun&quot; car &lt;$25,000 (used)...???

Not a coyote fan? They are priced under 25k.

What about a GTO?

Seems most hate the looks of GOATS but I personally think they're a decent looking car and for their time the interior was legit.

How about a low mile/lightly modded Boss, listed right here on SVTP? He's asking $38k Canadian, which is $26-27k US...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1096112-2012-Boss-302-Canadian-car-Low-kms

Wow!

Kiohtee

Established Member
Not to hijack OP's thread, but how much additional money and headache is it buying a car from Canada and importing it into the US, assuming it was also made here as well?

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Seems most hate the looks of GOATS but I personally think they're a decent looking car and for their time the interior was legit.

Wow!

GTO's are great cars. The interiors have far better build quality and materials than any mustang pre S550, and I would say on par with the S550. The back seat is actually usuable for adults. The issue, very small trunk.

matt87

Established Member
try an 98-02 bmw M roadster or coupe. i just picked up 00 roadster. very fun car and can be modded.

nxhappy

Established Member
save 5 grand more, and buy a Viper.

The other cars will LOSE you money.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
GTO's are great cars. The interiors have far better build quality and materials than any mustang pre S550, and I would say on par with the S550. The back seat is actually usuable for adults. The issue, very small trunk.

Agreed!! A buddy of mine had one and i was extremely impressed with the interior and seats. You could definitely tell it WAS NOT a pontiac at heart. Lol

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

lolwat, I sat in a GTO and felt like I was in one of the late 90s pontiac Gran Prix's.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
lolwat, I sat in a GTO and felt like I was in one of the late 90s pontiac Gran Prix's.

You must have been high that day. Leather full power both seats including incline. leather armrest on the door panels. Faux suede on the door panels, lower dash, and lower center console. Usable full leather back seat. Soft touch dash and door panels, S550 still has a hard plastic door panel?? The only thing that could remotely be typical cheesy GM is the A/C controls.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I kinda agree on the GTO interior, everyone raved how good they were but the first one I got in I wasn't real impressed. Maybe because it was ugly, and I didn't pay enough attention to the materials.

Pretty nice for the year but I wouldn't put it on par with anything coming out these days from any of the pony cars.

Users who are viewing this thread