funday sunday jan 10th osw

04Ryan

Established Member
it's a gt4202(74mm) it was spinning pretty good when the boost came in in 1st and 2nd, still learning to launch the thing not as simple as it was with the roots blowers......it blew a head gasket at the top of the track about 1000ft mark :fm:

You running headbolts or studs? Its pretty tough to blow a headgasket on these mod motors...even with boost. Hopefully thats all thats wrong!

Cobra8urZ06

Established Member
You running headbolts or studs? Its pretty tough to blow a headgasket on these mod motors...even with boost. Hopefully thats all thats wrong!

arp head bolts......yeah it'll all be apart tomorrow i'll post pics of the destruction or lack of (hopefully)

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
I believe the next one is Feb 21st unless you can get your car to 88mph and we can go back to the future!!:D

february 21st gates open at 10:30 i already have made a thread for this month for it :beer: hope to see you guys out there i can finally run now that i will be 18 :)

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
any updates on you man?? get your car all fixed and ready to run for the next funday sunday??
My car is done and ready to go. I'll be there for Funday Sunday unless my work travel schedule gets in the way.

Last edited:

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
My car is done and ready to go. I'll be there for Funday Sunday unless my work travel schedule gets in the way.

Sweeeet! I'll be making it out there as well..just unsure if I will be running the car or not...but I'll be there regardless. :beer:

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
Sweeeet! I'll be making it out there as well..just unsure if I will be running the car or not...but I'll be there regardless. :beer:

since you got it re-dynoed you should see what it will run. i think you can run a 12.6 the way it is now :) i predict if you can get a good launch and if its not 40* out lol you will run a 12.6-12.7 @ 116mph

Cobra8urZ06

Established Member
UPDATE

blew the passenger side head gasket and broke two pistons on the driver side, major lean condition going on, so return fuel system going in, new heads and shortblock and it'll be good to go, oh yea and the auto and solid axle ;)

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
UPDATE

blew the passenger side head gasket and broke two pistons on the driver side, major lean condition going on, so return fuel system going in, new heads and shortblock and it'll be good to go, oh yea and the auto and solid axle ;)

I'm sorry to hear the damage is so extensive.
It looks like you will be coming back a whole lot stronger.
Please keep us informed with your progress.
When you get it all done I want to run.
I would love to get smoked by a turbo auto solid Cobra!!
-

Users who are viewing this thread