Funny Cobra Stories..

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
For 'fivestangs'... :-D

What kind of crap have you had to go through? Here's one of mine from another thread that prompted this one..

"This happened to me a few years ago. Friend and I were detailing my car at a show and this guy comes up with his buddy whom he was educating about 93 cobras. This guy was telling the other guy that my car was fake because the running horse grill was cut into my 'GT' nose piece. My buddy overheard the conversation and politely set them straight.

That is just an example of what I have experienced. There are many other stories I could tell you.."

Mike93SVT

Savior of Junk
Established Member
there aren't many fobra's, but everytime someone comes up. it's "is that a real cobra?" and i've heard the wheels one before. and i had a guy swear on his life that if my heads went out i could get the exact same ones off an explorer. he wouldn't understand the difference.

fromme

Mustang Addict
Established Member
That ones a fake because it doesn't have leather interior or white faced gauges.

JimJr

I Like Curves
Established Member
A guy told me that mine wasn't real because I didn't have 5-lug wheels. He assumed since the 93 R's were 5-lug that the non-R's were also.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
While at WFC in St Louis, I saw a judge looking at a 95 Cobra R and say, "huh, didn't know you could still order wind up windows then."

93KingCobra

Established Member
I have heard all of those...Some people are just not educated about our cars, most of what they say is probably from what there buddy told them...

got hp

SVT Connoisseur
Established Member
if anyone questions whether my car is a Cobra, all I say is "look at the VIN" If they knew how to spot a fake, they wouldn't bother to ask. That is the first thing I look for at a car show. At least most of them are still polite.

1320Pro

Established Member
I had a lady at a car show tell me mine was fake. I asked her how she figured. Her response was "It just doesn't look right.:loser: " LOL!!

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
I had one guy poke at mine because it has a big dent in the exhaust pipe near the rear wheels. He was talking to his friend, "educating" him. While he was talking he said "Look this guy must have hit something and dented his exhaust". I let him know that Ford did that to clear the wider tires. He closed his mouth and moved on.

9T3SVT

Established Member
racerbox77 said:
When I see a Cobra I look at the vin tag first. Then I give my 2 cents. LOL!

+1

I saw a white one a few years back and the dude swore up and down that it was real, what a douche.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread