Fuse 8 keeps blowing.

07gttom

Established Member
Bought the car in October, no issues. Took the car out for a cruise one night and when I got back realized I couldn’t go into reverse. Over the next few days after searching the forums, I checked fuse 8 and it was blown. Fuse 8 is for the lock out solenoid, and from what I read controls the o2’s and egr things. So I changed the fuse, went for another ride, went into reverse fine leaving. into the ride I tried reverse and once again couldn’t go into reverse. Then I threw a check engine light. Went under the car looked at o2’s and didn’t see any pinched/melted wires, so I disconnected the lock out solenoid, cleared the codes put a new fuse in and went for a ride. No check engine light but the fuse is blown again and I get the same codes in the reader. Car has a VMP, egr deleted. Any ideas why this fuse keeps popping? Was disconnecting the solenoid pointless to do? Are my o2’s bad? Looking for some advice here. codes are p1000, p0602, p0443, p0446, p0135, p0141, p0155, p0161.

rymax101

Established Member
Honestly I would change out the trans hanrss... Easy to do and the harness isn't that expensive

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread