Fuse race gas.

Bad Intention

Established Member
Was wondering if any one has used Fuse race gas either 110 or 116? I have been running Shell URT 105 but due to them discontinuing need another option.

thodge

Established Member
I ran the fuse 110 with good results. Paxton car 3.4 pulley. I ran 6.59 @108.83 with 19* of timing.

ebrow21

Established Member
You know a few locals who use it already, I am pretty sure. Shipping on the drums of fuse was not cheap when I checked into it. It wasn't worth it to me when I get Sunoco cheaper. With no tax, shipping or drum fee to boot.

Any particular reason you don't want oxygenated? I have used the Sunoco 260 gt plus and had decent results.

Bad Intention

Established Member
You know a few locals who use it already, I am pretty sure. Shipping on the drums of fuse was not cheap when I checked into it. It wasn't worth it to me when I get Sunoco cheaper. With no tax, shipping or drum fee to boot.

Any particular reason you don't want oxygenated? I have used the Sunoco 260 gt plus and had decent results.

Because I buy by the drum and ms109 octane level drop as it sits because it's oxygenated.
The spec sheet for Fuse 116 would allow us to add more timing than we have been with shell 105.

ebrow21

Established Member
Because I buy by the drum and ms109 octane level drop as it sits because it's oxygenated.
The spec sheet for Fuse 116 would allow us to add more timing than we have been with shell 105.

Depends on how long the drum sits. I don't intend on a drum lasting over 3-4 months.

You're right about the timing. My 100 octane tune had about 4-5 degrees less timing than a similar car running fuse the same night at the track (Different tuner).

Et difference was not a huge amount, and there were other factors that would influence e.t. at work.

Long story short, the fastest coyote's I've seen in Louisiana use fuse.

CharlieR

Established Member
Al, only issue really is: can you get the fuse easily. If you switch you'd hate to miss out on a fun day at the track because you ran out of fuse last month and haven't been able to get any more(like URT Advanced :(). If that doesn't seem to be an issue I'd go for the big boy fuel. :)
Or get MS109 in 5 gallon pails, we'll get a few folks and order enough pallets of pails they'll think we're becoming a distributor. Lol

Last edited:

thodge

Established Member
If I remember correctly I paid $360 for a 30gal drum of 110. Had it in 3 business days via R and L carriers.

Eric@jpc

Established Member
VP is coming out with a new fuel too

Its going to be 110 Unleaded i have a few cans here for testing

Its Called VP extreme

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Maybe ms109?

F*ck MS109.
Plug_zpsf84df395.jpg

Mike

Last edited: