G I A N T Intercooler Tank

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member

The box is held in place by two screws and tabs. They look bent but they are flexible, just bend them to fit your car and drill to install.
The battery is held by a 1" wide nylon strap and sits on a closed cell foam pad.
This box holds 356 oz of coolant (more than 10x bigger than stock), you guys that race around corners might like this one. You can dump an entire 8lb bag of ice into this thing.
It can also be polished if you want to do so. If you like it click me.

Picture%20080.jpg

Picture%20081.jpg

Picture%20082.jpg

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Someone gobble this thing up! This is the sweetest icebox on the market for the serious drag racer. Holds a whole 10 lb bag of ice. It was worth 2 tenths and 2 mph for me at the track.....

oldmodman

Established Member
That's great. A giant icebox and you don't have to do a trunk battery install.
Does anyone have any feedback on how the Dyna batt holds up with electric fans and intercooler pump running in the staging lanes?

Bob Cosby

Established Member
I had a dynobatt for several years in my 99. It was fine for a daily driver, so long as you didn't leave anything on with the engine off. In other words, it has very little reserve. Though I have no direct experience with running fans and an intercooler pump with it, I suspect that they would run the battery down very quickly.

Also - the Dynobatt is over-priced. I highly recommend the exact same thing with different packaging: Hawker Genesis G16EP. Do a websearch and you should be able to find one for ~$75.

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
ttt for ya..this is a killer price..**EDITED BY 03DOHC**

03RedCobra

Established Member
Is there any issues with coolant leaking out around the lid edges ?? The lid looks like it would have some leakage if the car makes turns, etc.. and the fluid begins to slosh around. I'm probably wrong about that, just wondering.

Does this come with ways to attach the stock hoses to this box ?? I don't see any adaptors in the pictures at all.

What I'd like to see is a tank this size, with the intercooler coolant running through some piping that is inside the box, then you fill the box with a little water, and tons of ice. This way the intercooler fluid gets cooled by the icy water, but the two liquids don't mix, and then you don't have to drain it out, etc... after the track use. Or, do you folks think this really wouldn't cool the IC coolant down well enough ?

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
03RedCobra said:
Is there any issues with coolant leaking out around the lid edges ?? The lid looks like it would have some leakage if the car makes turns, etc.. and the fluid begins to slosh around. I'm probably wrong about that, just wondering.

Does this come with ways to attach the stock hoses to this box ?? I don't see any adaptors in the pictures at all.

What I'd like to see is a tank this size, with the intercooler coolant running through some piping that is inside the box, then you fill the box with a little water, and tons of ice. This way the intercooler fluid gets cooled by the icy water, but the two liquids don't mix, and then you don't have to drain it out, etc... after the track use. Or, do you folks think this really wouldn't cool the IC coolant down well enough ?

This box lid is tighter than a Virgin on prom night.... :rolling:

I did send him the install kit, but he would have to reply as to whether it comes with it or not.

Jay

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
BLWN03 said:
...snip...

I did send him the install kit, but he would have to reply as to whether it comes with it or not.

Jay

Yep, everything to install is included, battery fittings,clamps hoses, drain..........

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
If it means anything, I don't drag my cobra and I installed this ice box yesterday. I'm just looking for the best cooling products to keep the heat down.

Users who are viewing this thread