Ga. cops respond to wrong home, shoot homeowner, kill his dog, wound fellow officer

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
I used to live and work in DeKalb and spent 13 years as cop and legal adv for dept.----until I left in mid 1980s. It used to be the best trained PD around and the chief-at that time made the short list for FBI director in the Carter Administration. Things went to hell with urban crawl from Atlanta..and demographics changed long after I left. To make matters worse, the Feds mandated the dept hire minorities...and put in mgt positions- so minorities came in with little to no experience..Finally the Olympics coming to Atlanta..drove population up to about 7 million or more. What was a beautiful, safe place is a hell on earth today...a Detroit of the south..Today I won't go within a 100 miles of that place.

WTF does this have to do with the story?

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Doing the right thing? LOL. They did shoot one of the criminals at least.

So I am guessing you never call the police? Somebody breaks in and steals your shit, you do the investigation and make arrests?

I'm impressed

jbs$

Established Member
DeKalb County has been going to hell for a long tine. Remember that ding bat that was in Congress, Cynthia McKinney, she was elected from DeKalb County.

silverstang23

Established Member
Not the first time something like this has happen, a year or 2 ago they (cops) blew away a grandma. They were doing a drug bust, but did it on the wrong house.

I think that was APD. They threw a flash bang in a babies crib (killed it) that night I think too.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I think that was APD. They threw a flash bang in a babies crib (killed it) that night I think too.

That was Habersham County Sheriff's Office that pulled that one. The baby didn't die but was in a coma for 5 weeks. The really ****ed up part is the county isn't paying for the medical bills which are approaching $1M.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
That was Habersham County Sheriff's Office that pulled that one. The baby didn't die but was in a coma for 5 weeks. The really ****ed up part is the county isn't paying for the medical bills which are approaching $1M.

If I remember correctly they hit the right house. The baby was a relative's that was visiting. Sucks but maybe you should be more aware of how shitty your criminal family is.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
If I remember correctly they hit the right house. The baby was a relative's that was visiting. Sucks but maybe you should be more aware of how shitty your criminal family is.

They were serving a no-knock warrant for the son who wasn't there when they raided the house. The baby and the baby's family were there because their house burned down in Wisconsin so they moved down to stay with the mother's sister while they got another house. They were about to move back when the SWAT team dropped a flash bang in the baby's playpen. The intel leading up to the raid was sloppy at best, but they avoided criminal charges. They should at least pay for the medical expenses.

2001sleeper

Established Member
They were serving a no-knock warrant for the son who wasn't there when they raided the house. The baby and the baby's family were there because their house burned down in Wisconsin so they moved down to stay with the mother's sister while they got another house. They were about to move back when the SWAT team dropped a flash bang in the baby's playpen. The intel leading up to the raid was sloppy at best, but they avoided criminal charges. They should at least pay for the medical expenses.

100%

I would hope that more preparation goes into a raid then people just showing up to work, drinking coffee in the break room wiping sleep out of their eyes, and then all of a sudden somebody says,
Cop1-"hey, anybody up for a raid?"
Cop2-""sure, where we going?"
Cop1-"I think there is a drug dealer that lives over yander"
Cop2-"sound good enough for me, let's suit up and do this"

In every job I have been associated with, incompetence is swiftly dealt with. Somehow these officers got a free pass.

Regulars520

Established Member
I found a Department picture from this year

Attachments

• popo.jpg
    popo.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 123

Users who are viewing this thread