Galaxy S3

03slow6

Established Member
Anyone have a Samsung Galaxy S3? My iPhone went out today so I ordered an S3, did I make an ok choice?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Yeah but only if it was cheap. I still rock a S3, got it on launch date and don't plan on upgrading until my contract is up. You're getting one a little bit into its life cycle, the S4 has been out since summer already. But if you got it for $199 or less on contract and want to upgrade in a few months, you definitely won't lose money by selling it outright.

UnorthodoxCreat

Established Member
I've had mine for about a year now. If something happened to it I would probably by another one to save money versus buying something newer. It's a great phone. I doubt you'll be disappointed.

SuperBlownGT

Forever CoBro!
Established Member
I had a s3. Got the s4 last month and just ordered the note 3. I liked my s3 though did really good. Battery lasted about 8 hours.

slow06

Established Member
I got mine from Walmart a month ago, after my other phone got messed up. I paid a dollar for it and got a 50 dollar Walmart gift card. :) I like the S3, make sure you get a good case though. the phone is easy to drop.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I bought a S4 at launch just because I could and I like having the newest and coolest things, but after about a month or two I decided it just wasn't for me as I didn't use it nowhere near enough to justify the price tag. My wife sold her iPhone 4 and took over my S4 while I bought an S3 (hoping it would be a smaller, more watered S4).

The S3 is a great phone, but again, I'm not using it nowhere near it's potential lol. You should be happy though. It's a stellar phone.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Got mine for $49, couldn't beat it :rockon:

Wow, that was an awesome price! You did very well. I have another brand Android phone (HTC One) but based on everything I've read you'll love your S3.

03slow6

Established Member
Yep after activation fee and all that bull it was like $80 shipped, my boss has the new S4 active and he loves it so I figure the S3 couldn't be too terrible, anyone that has one have a recommendation on a good case?

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
There is nothing wrong with the S3, I had one for awhile. Like anything that comes from the Carrier, I prefer to ROM it, runs better, less bloatware.

I am running PAC on the Note II and ran it on the SG3, works very well.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I still have my S3 and it's great. Samsung makes good phones. I had the Samsung Blackjack II and Galaxy S2 prior to this one.

mts

Established Member
Rocking my s3 until the s5 comes out. Rumors of a January / February Release! But most likely March / April release :(

deadpres

everyday is caturday
Established Member
..anyone that has one have a recommendation on a good case?

I'm still rocking my S3 until I'm available for an upgrade in a few weeks. When I first got it I was looking for a plain jane looking case that didn't make it bulky.. see Otter Box. So, I found a Body Glove that was simple looking but they tend to break the tabs through wear and tear W/OUT even dropping it. A Best Buy employee recommended the Platinum Series(that's the brand name) and I haven't looked back since.

50 Proof

Established Member
The s3 is a great phone but not on sprint's network. This phone shits all over itself when a spotty 4g signal is detected.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Ive always used those $5 china rubber/gel cases. Just make sure theyre the kind that have some material that rounds over to the face of the phone so when you set it down on stuff face down the screen never touches anything.

Users who are viewing this thread