Gangster Lean

fox_box

Rookie
Established Member
So i have been noticing my car has been leaning a bit to the passenger side. I thought it was my imagination but i measured the hight of the fender well from the ground and found the passenger side to be a slight bit lower than the drivers side. Any ideas as to what could be the problem?

19Mystic96

Established Member
Maybe it's the shocks? Or saggy springs? Or bushings are going bad? Those are just someof the thing that come to my mind with ride height..

SVT CAMR

Established Member
Thats how it should be. When you sit in it> it will level out. The proper way to get it right is to measure the front bolts of the lower control arms off a level floor with the suspension loaded. (with driver)
The bolt should be the same height off the ground with driver in the seat. Then measure the center of the fenders and it will be there. Thats why I like weight jackers and coil-overs.

You may also want to make sure that your rear springs are clocked properly.
The ends of both pig tails should be facing the drivers side.

first have a friend check out the measurements while your sitting in the car. you may already be level.

Last edited:

fox_box

Rookie
Established Member
I do think an isolator has slipped out of place (dont know how that would happen) after talking with some people. but to help make a further educated guess.

eibach pro kit springs, tokiko shocks and struts, full length sub frame connectors

that is really it for suspension (stock sway bars)

MR.ADAMS

Established Member
9 times out of 10 it's blown shocks/struts. If you bounce the side of your car that is suspect and it continues to bounce around a bit that's a blown shock/strut. Good shocks don't allow the car to continue to bounce.

Last edited:

fox_box

Rookie
Established Member
9 times out of 10 it's blown shocks/struts.

that is what i thought it was at first...but they are relatively new still (4 or so years) with minimal use. well i think i am going to replace the springs and check (remove) isolators...then see what happens. if its still leaning then shocks and struts...if its still leaning C4 and a detonator

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
+1 on no more fat chicks. or at least let a fat one drive once in a while too. it will even out.

Users who are viewing this thread