Gas mileage honestly...

needmoreboost

boost is my anti-drug
Established Member
Hey guys,

Just currious how everyones gas mileage truly is on these things. I just checked a stat on Ls and it stated they can get up to 18mpg on highway. Well i do only highway driving and i get about 250miles out of a tank of gas.. Is everyone else getting that poor gas mileage or is somthing seriously wrong with me and or my truck?

thanks for any responses and merry christmas

needmoreboost

boost is my anti-drug
Established Member
im on it every time i get the chance, its stock besides my winter-snow tires right now lol

Mika

Established Member
I drive about 100 miles/day. Driving 60 or 65, light traffic(all highway), and accelerating easily I've gotten somewhere along the lines of 15-15.5 mpg. That's modded though. 6# lower, intake, catback and X-cal. As far as tankfuls go, I get anywhere from 300-350, depending on stop and go traffic.

Mika

needmoreboost

boost is my anti-drug
Established Member
hrm.. i do like 80-85 on the highway too but i dunno how much of an effect that would have on overall mpg from 65 mpg. I wanna keep seeing what other ppl are getting cause 250miles to a tank just outright sucks i wanna get at least 14 mpg

BlackL03

Being Blown Feels Gooood!
Established Member
I get right around 13-14mpg driving it averagely...I have a 6lb lower and intake tho

ChuteboxeL03

Established Member
It all depends how u drive it, any car/truck is gonna have bad mileage if you get on it all the time. Shouldnt of bought a L if ur worried bout gas mileage lol

Eds01Lightning

Established Member
You made me curious so I averaged my last 14 tanks full (6 months), mostly all city miles with a couple of highway blasts of about 100 miles each within these 14 tanks full....average 12.706 mpg. Probably about average mileage for a lightly moded Lightning I would say.

My neighbor has a basic V6 F150 extended cab and gets even worse mileage!:-D

02Lightningbolt

It JuSt A tRuCk!!!
Established Member
needmoreboost said:
hrm.. i do like 80-85 on the highway too but i dunno how much of an effect that would have on overall mpg from 65 mpg. I wanna keep seeing what other ppl are getting cause 250miles to a tank just outright sucks i wanna get at least 14 mpg

Yeah i know but i get the same i have cai and full exhaust but i get onit a lot and yaeh there is a big difference on gas mileage from 60-80mph!

needmoreboost

boost is my anti-drug
Established Member
well when i bought the L i wasnt concerned with gas mileage, but that was when i had a company vehicle, i got a new job that pays a ton more, but no company vehicle, so i was just currious as to what my fellow L owners were getting haha

Robert Francis

Established Member
MPG - all depends on how you drive it. There's generally a big drop off in mpg above 65. My 01L dynoed at 410 hp and I can get 16 mpg when I'm trying to get good mpg.

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
needmoreboost said:
Hey guys,

Just currious how everyones gas mileage truly is on these things. I just checked a stat on Ls and it stated they can get up to 18mpg on highway. Well i do only highway driving and i get about 250miles out of a tank of gas.. Is everyone else getting that poor gas mileage or is somthing seriously wrong with me and or my truck?

thanks for any responses and merry christmas

Nope....I get 350 a tank,use cruise control @70mph....And get rid of
those NGK TR6's if you have them....Very inefficient plugs....I went
back to Denso or the LFP Brisk plugs....Much much better mpg!!!!

boomr

Established Member
I drive 130-140 miles a day, and average about 15-16. Mostly highway with some stop and go. Drove down from AK last summer and averaged 18-19, but that was all highway and about 600 miles a day.

Users who are viewing this thread