Gas Pedal Broke!

jeffhou

Established Member
I cant believe it, I was driving my car and the friggin plastic gas pedal broke off. I was like wtf, I have only had the car a friggin week. Do you guys know a good fix for this, cause if they replace it then the plastic piece is just gonna brake again. Thanks!

PS. I still beat the Super Sport though ;)

03DOHC

Established Member
Yet another broken gas pedal! Either you guys are breaking the sound barrier or there's a problem w/the mounting!

I haven't looked, but what exactly is retaining it? Is it really plastic?

jeffhou

Established Member
There is a metal screw protruding through two holes in the plastic pedal. Thats all that holds them on, and it broke quite easily I must say. So Im gonna have them fix it tomorrow and if they dont have any bright ideas then I will use duct tape I guess.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Don't feel bad. I did it too! Along with postban and numerous other people.

This is the part nuber off of my work order.

1R3Z*9725*AA SHAFT ASY ACCELERATOR PEDA

It took a few days to order it and 1 minute to install it.

Good Luck!

search pedal or broken pedal and you will get a bunch of other related topics.

dmreitz

Established Member
Lansing, IL (Chi. Suburb on Indiana border)
Geez... I have a complete set of "Bullit" edition pedals (the same ones on that are on our Cobras - bought them for my GT before I traded it) sitting in the garage that I was going to sell... but maybe I should hang onto them!!!

ZXnVS

Established Member
I can't believe they're plastic! Some enterprising company ought to come up with a set of honest-to-goodness METAL racing pedals for the Cobra...

On a somewhat related note, I'm always afraid to push too hard on the dead pedal because it feels like it could easily be bent or broken. Anyone had that happen?

mosconiac

Established Member
ZXnVS: My dead pedal was coming apart from the factory (silver face was coming apart), so the dealer replaced it.

The new one doesn't feel much better, very flimsy. It's to the point that I don't use it because it feels like it will break under foot. Big sigh.

Mosconiac

n2fords2003

Established Member
Not only did I break my pedal but the bar behind it was bent too. Yea maybe I was a little hard on it but Im not the only one. Now Im afraid to really get on the gas hard. When you’re about to take down that Viper do you really want to be thinking about not hitting the gas too hard? I'd say knock the plastic piece-O-crap through the floor.

Last edited:

shoguy

postwhore in training
Established Member
Originally posted by n2fords2003
When you’re about to take down that Viper do you really want to be thinking about not hitting the gas too hard? I'd say knock the plastic piece-O-crap through the floor.
i cant belive they put plastic pedals in the cobra come on think about it 390 hp what the hell were they thinking

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
This is a serious defect in an otherwise pretty good car. Think of the safety issues here. I laughed about it when it happened but now I think it could have been much worse.

How do we consumers start a drive to get a more robust setup?:fm: :fm: :fm:

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
Originally posted by postban

When one of us creams a pedestrian and successfully sues Ford because it was a stuck throttle due to a broken plastic throttle pedal.

The only way to make corporations pay attention is to get in their hip pocket...DEEP.

i8u

Established Member
Originally posted by postban
This is a serious defect in an otherwise pretty good car. Think of the safety issues here. I laughed about it when it happened but now I think it could have been much worse.

I would contact the NHTSA so they can open up an investigation if they recieve enough complaints. Call 1-800-424-9393!
Something defenetly needs to be done about this.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
you'd think that with all the attention paid to "unintended acceleration" in past years, that they'd have pedal design under constant scrutiny..... :shrug:

i8u

Established Member
Originally posted by i8u

I would contact the NHTSA so they can open up an investigation if they recieve enough complaints. Call 1-800-424-9393!
Something defenetly needs to be done about this.

ttt

If you have broken your gas pedal please call so we can get this taken care of! Thanks:beer:

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Guys,

I think I saw a set of real metal pedals for sale in the most recent issue of MM&FF. I'll look up the vendor if anyone is interested :beer:

shoguy

postwhore in training
Established Member
yup i think its a good idea cause some one can seriously get accidented because of this

Users who are viewing this thread