gas tank cover???????

RickwithCobra

Established Member
hey guys, my gas tank looks different then alot of the ones i see on mustangs, mine looks like it hangs lower, so i get under the car last night to take a look and it looks like there is a cover, idk if its medal or plastic or what else but it looks like shit, and i was wonder if any body has had one and has taken it off before?

thanks for the help

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
there is a plastic gas tank cover on the gas tanks.

post a picture to make sure we are on the same page.

heres mine for reference
l_8d51af8e14f349b8a0c1fcf2358b474f.jpg

Last edited:

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
Yikes IDK about the red cover. I think flat black with polished straps would look pretty sweet though!

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
Yikes IDK about the red cover. I think flat black with polished straps would look pretty sweet though!

ya i know i know, I've definitely heard that a lot, and I already planned on painting it gloss black with the chrome straps that you have mentioned

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
yea that what mine looks like, do u no if we can take that cover off and leave it off?

I can't say for sure..but I want to say you need the gas cover...because the gas tank itself doesn't have a way to stay up, without the straps..and it doesn't have the indents the gas tank cover has to keep it in place when turning and whatnot

and yea, i've heard my fair share of crap for my gas tank on here, lol..I had my gas tank pulled, and had some spray paint..so I had some fun. When my bumpers get repainted, that'll be corrected though :rockon:

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
The gas tank cover is there for a reason. It serves as a form of protection against any kind of debris or objects that can hit the tank and possibly rupture it. Just wipe it down and keep it nice and clean. It'll look much better that way.

RickwithCobra

Established Member
my bumper cover sits on it with a little bit of a tilt and just makes it all look like shit, and the first owner of my car must of had the entire bottum of my car sparyed in that tar shit to prevent rusting, it just all looks like shit, i will post up a pick 2morrow

Users who are viewing this thread