Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Yes, I would like to pre-order

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Van@RevanRacing

While working with C&R we developed a dual core racing radiator for the 2011 5.0, 2012 Boss and the Shelby GT350. These radiators have primarily been consumed by Shelby up to this point.

During testing with their boosted GT350's they were not heat soaking the engines.

This is the same core we use in the aftermarket GT500 radiator. It is a dual core radiator with close to 2X the capacity of the stock radiator. It is a direct replacement fit and is 100% Aluminum.

This radiator was specifically designed for the 2011 + Mustang GT and Boss 302's.

I know there has been some issues with cooling on the Boss on road courses during warmer days.

I also realize that there are other radiator offerings from Ford however none of the research I have conducted shows the dual core and proprietary split fin design we are using.

The price would be $750 shipped for the Revan Racing C&R 5.0/Boss Radiator.

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Damn that seems like an awesome deal for sure, if I owned one it would be on my list.. Quick question though, does C&R offer a radiator for the 96-04 Cobras??

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
I'm still curious about why the Boss' are overheating on track. I lapped 2 days in 98 degree heat just two weekends ago in my GT and had zero cooling issues.

However, an upgrade like this would be of interest if I decided to turn the car into a TT.

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
I'm still curious about why the Boss' are overheating on track. I lapped 2 days in 98 degree heat just two weekends ago in my GT and had zero cooling issues.

However, an upgrade like this would be of interest if I decided to turn the car into a TT.

maybe the higher RPMs? not sure how much of a difference that will make.

also, have you seen their oil cooler setup? the oil doesnt leave the block; the coolant actually passes around the area of the oil filter... almost looks like it heats up the oil or the oil just heats up the coolant.

Entrenched

Established Member
I'd be in, but how much thicker is this than stock. I'm worried about clearance issues with my discharge pipes and wastegate mounting.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
maybe the higher RPMs? not sure how much of a difference that will make.

also, have you seen their oil cooler setup? the oil doesnt leave the block; the coolant actually passes around the area of the oil filter... almost looks like it heats up the oil or the oil just heats up the coolant.

I'm really not sure on the RPMs. My tach was touching 8000 rpm routinely. Downshifts of course which bypass the fuel cut. But the car lived between 5500-7000 in near 100 degree heat with track temps hovering around 130.

Van@RevanRacing

I've learned that the 2011 plus vehicles have a progressive fan controller and basically the fan shuts off at 45 mph and the only way to command a reduce ECT is with a tune. There are no high and low fan speed controls as we are accustom to with the 2010 and earlier models.

With this understanding what is your thought on a larger radiator with a higher efficiency core?

I only want to bring the product to market with everybody having knowledge of how the cooling system functions today.

Shelby has been using it on the boosted GT350 and I have not gotten any heat soak feedback from those customers.

I would appreciate your input. :beer:

Thanks

Van

Van@RevanRacing

id be down to buy one.. but kinda iffy on the $750 price for it. I've seen the Boss radiator for like $500 on some websites..

2012 MUSTANG BOSS 302 RADIATOR -- M-8005-MBR

how much thicker is this one over the boss one? I'm going to get a radiator and a new thermostat once i go F/I.

Thanks for the reply.

I also posted in the Boss forum with the product.

Boss Mustangs are having an overheating issue on track and the radiator you quote above is the same one. The reason the 302S doesn't have an issue is the lack of an A/C condenser core and mostly like a different tune that runs the fan up to a higher speed.

A stock 5.0 has a radiator with the following dimensions.

1" thick-20" tall and 24.75" wide core

A Boss 5.0 has a radiator with the following dimensions.

1.75" thick-20" tall and 24" wide core

The Revan Racing / C&R Radiator has the following dimensions.

2.75" thick-21" tall and 24" wide core

One of the single biggest differences is that the 5.0 and Boss Radiators have plastic side tanks. We use aluminum side tanks and we also use a low speed racing radiator just like I have used for the GT500 applications.

This is from another forum.

TrackDay ButtonWillow 105 Degrees - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Thus the reason why I am proposing the question and I appreciate your feedback.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
yeah i heard that some Boss's have overheating issues at the track, do you think it actually is that oil cooler or what?

Would your radiator have any clearance issues with a supercharger/turbo kit with all the piping in front of the engine with the radiator being 1.75in thicker than stock? if you guys could give the forum people a discount, id most likely buy one :)

Van@RevanRacing

yeah i heard that some Boss's have overheating issues at the track, do you think it actually is that oil cooler or what?

Would your radiator have any clearance issues with a supercharger/turbo kit with all the piping in front of the engine with the radiator being 1.75in thicker than stock? if you guys could give the forum people a discount, id most likely buy one :)

Not sure about Supercharger clearance and turbo piping clearances.

Either way we will work out a discount for the SVTP Members.

Users who are viewing this thread