Gauging Interest: Retrofitted HID Headlights

Are you interested in retrofitted HID headlights?

• Total voters

Satyr

Established Member
I'm pretty sure he is referring to the side amber reflectors (where the turn signals are). I know you are partial to those Depot lights, but I would personally not go with those because they have the amber corners.

This. I was referring to the amber corners. They are easy to remove when the lights are apart and make them look a lot cleaner, especially if they're smoked.

stangin99

Established Member
This. I was referring to the amber corners. They are easy to remove when the lights are apart and make them look a lot cleaner, especially if they're smoked.

Ah ok. Yes I should be able to take the side marker out.

:beer: I am very interested. Would it be possible to get the HID bulbs in a different heat intensity?

I can get them in the following temps:

3000K, 4300K, 5000K, 6000K

JeremyAlan

Naked SVT Poster
Established Member
I'm very interested in this as well! May even take a stab at it myself. I would like to keep the reflector bowl around the projector so it still looks sort of stock. The blacked out one you just posted looks great its just not my cup of tea.

Work looks great man!

JeremyAlan

Naked SVT Poster
Established Member
I'm very interested in this as well! May even take a stab at it myself. I would like to keep the reflector bowl around the projector so it still looks sort of stock. The blacked out one you just posted looks great its just not my cup of tea.

Work looks great man!

gregorio

Established Member
Bumping this..

If I was able to incorporate aftermarket HID components (like DDM), and was able to reduce the price up to $200, would more people be interested?

***NOTE You won't be able to use current your DDM HID kit, as the bulbs are different, and wiring harness is different. But this if for a DDM ballast, a different DDM bulb, and my own wiring.***

Quality/reliability would go down, however it does make it a tad more affordable for people.

Yes.

Users who are viewing this thread