Gauging Interest: SN95 Mustang HID Retrofit kits

Are you interested in retrofit HID headlights?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

stangin99

Established Member
I recently started up a new side-business for making/selling retrofitted REAL HID components into mustang headlights. I started with the 99-04 model years as those are what I am most familiar with, and am now willing to test the water for other styles.

You can see information and pictures of those sets here:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...5357-official-hid-retrofit-group-buy-1-a.html

This means these are headlight housings that will have true HID projectors retrofitted into them. They will also contain EVERYTHING that you will need install, including using the factory wiring connections. That means NO cutting wires, at all.

They will be bi-xenon headlights(high and low beams) in order to provide full factory functionality. Only OEM parts will be used, unlike the cheap HID kits sold on ebay. In other words, Infiniti FX-35 style projectors, Denso(Toyota) Ballasts, Phillips bulbs, wiring that connects to your FACTORY wiring. They will also be guaranteed to be sealed, and pre-aimed.

Other companies on the web charge well over $1000 for a set like this. Some have even stopped accepting mustang headlights as they will only work with OEM housings, which end up taking much longer and cost even MORE.

Based on my current experience with 99-04 headlights, I'm looking at ~$825 for individual sets, and if we did a group buy of 5-10 or more, that could drop to as low as $725. There is also the option of sending in your own headlights, and having them retrofitted. If that is the case, simply knock off ~$150 either price.

***NOTE*** I have not begun work on an SN95 headlight yet, so that price may very well go down. This is just a rough estimate to give people an idea and see if they are interested.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
cool idea you have going there i hope it brings some succe4ss..but i speak for myself and maybe a few others..the 94-98 crowd in my 2 cents is the kind that looks for the best deals and are the cheapest ahaha but i cant see myself shelling out $600+ dollars to see at night a little better..do not take this the wrong way as i hope osme people buy these and im sure the cool factor is there but the 6-10000k kits are selling in the 200 range and bolt right up..idk just some feedback

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
cool idea you have going there i hope it brings some succe4ss..but i speak for myself and maybe a few others..the 94-98 crowd in my 2 cents is the kind that looks for the best deals and are the cheapest ahaha but i cant see myself shelling out $600+ dollars to see at night a little better..do not take this the wrong way as i hope osme people buy these and im sure the cool factor is there but the 6-10000k kits are selling in the 200 range and bolt right up..idk just some feedback

First of all, if you are buying a 10000K HID kit, please drive your car into a wall. Second, this is a real projector retrofitted HID kit, not some plug and play crap that looks horrible and blinds everyone on the road. I absolutely love the xenons in my BMW, they make it so much easier to see everything and driving at night is cake. I hated the headlights in my Cobra and hate the ones in my Jeep because they just aren't bright enough. For all the work that goes into this type of retrofit, I think somewhere around $600 is a great price. Just the parts alone run around $350-400, so $250 for 5+ hours of labor isn't half bad.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
Sunburned, all he was saying is he doesn't see that many people spend over 500 bucks on headlights and I completely agree, not that its a bad project or bad effort, I think he is just trying to inform stangin99 a good idea about the SN95 crowd, and his observations are correct. I'm sure some will pay that but many simply don't have the cash for something like this.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Yup, it's sad but true lol. Most of us have the cheaper cars because we can't afford the more expensive newer cars. Of course, there are people who love these body styles but can afford whatever they want. In general though, it'd be a good assumption to say that it may be too expensive for most. I myself would LOVE a pair of headlights like this, but not only would I spend that money modding somewhere else, I first need to fix things with my car that I can't afford right now lol.

With that being said.. this is still a great idea that is worth the reasonable price you are asking. I hope many are able to get a group buy going and enjoy the true projector style hid lighting.

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
Yeah that's really pricey for headlights. I'm not saying your prices are outrageous, but that this kind of thing is expensive for what it is. I'm sure it'll look kick ass, but still...

Helomech74

Established Member
I'd be in for a set. I guess I'm not one of the SN95 owners that bought the car because it was cheap lol. I bought it because I detest the look of the newer mustangs. Hell, with all the money I have tied up in the this car I could have bought a couple of New Edge cars. Anyway, nice retro fit, and nice components you are using.

19Mystic96

Established Member
I'd be interested in a set if the price came down a bit.. I'd be willing to pay for some good headlights.. Right now I can't see shit anywhere at night.. Even with HIDs..

stangin99

Established Member
One thing to note about the price, that it includes the price of a new set of headlights.

If you already have a set you want to be retrofitted, or just want to sell your own to re-coup the cost, those are both possible.

For 99-04 Mustangs, I am not accepting OEM headlights because of the glue that Ford uses on their new(er) headlights.

95riosnake

Established Member
I retrofitted the headlights in my Scion tC dd with a TSX setup and BMW shrouds and love it... the visibility is amazing at night. I have thought about opening up a set and doing a retro for my cobra for sometime now but just haven't gotten around to it. I'll check back in once you have a first build of a 94-98 headlight, who knows I may just go the easy route and have you build me a set instead of doing my own again.

Lightning LA

Mark it ZERO!
Established Member
I'm not one of the SN owners that has this Model Cobra because it's cheap,I have it because I Love the Style of the 96 to 98 Cobras.And actually when I bought it new in 97 it wasn't cheap.:-D I've been wanting a set of these for a while but really didn't know what way to go,but seeing what you did with the newer Mustangs this would be the way to go.So I'd be in for a set....

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Show us a few pics of the completed project on 94-8 lights, and we'll talk.

nmcgrawj

Established Member
Infiniti FX-35 style projectors

"style" is a keyword for knockoff on ebay. Im sure you didnt mean it, but you may as well put the exact projector as i see you are using top knotch stuff.

There are levels of quality inbetween what you're offering and cheap ebay crap....perhaps you should offer options. That way if u get the price down a little bit....people might get on board.

kingcato

Drunk Ninja
Established Member
i have some projectors in right now but have no where near the real light cut off that real ones have.. I will be done for sure, might want to check out sn95forums.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread