Gauging intrest..Saturday night GTG

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Ok guys, we need a Saturday night GTG somewhere for the group to GTG, chill out and relax. Kellers sucks, it's too far us northsiders not to mention it's dangerous over there. The last time we went the girls didnt feel comfortable at all. Before I start looking for a place, I'm wondering how many of you would attend on a somewhat regular basis at a location in the North/Northeast side?

I'm thinking of some place with a patio ( Chipotle, Taco Cabana type) or maybe a Sonic. There's a Sonic right off of Brand Rd and 190 that could be an option.

Input?
Ideas?
opinions?

WOMACK03

Whipple Powered
Established Member
Ok guys, we need a Saturday night GTG somewhere for the group to GTG, chill out and relax. Kellers sucks, it's too far us northsiders not to mention it's dangerous over there. The last time we went the girls didnt feel comfortable at all. Before I start looking for a place, I'm wondering how many of you would attend on a somewhat regular basis at a location in the North/Northeast side?

I'm thinking of some place with a patio ( Chipotle, Taco Cabana type) or maybe a Sonic. There's a Sonic right off of Brand Rd and 190 that could be an option.

Input?
Ideas?
opinions?

I think Chipotle at Firewheel would be good, or the Sonic on Brand\190.

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
If you say regular, I'm assuming this will "replace" the Friday night GTG?

We used to do the Sonic on 190/Brand on Sundays, it worked out well as long as people showed up. Chipotle would probably have more comfortable chairs though.

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
I don't know about you guys, but the track doesn't exactly say "chill out and relax" to me. I mean I'm all for track days, but not every week.

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
I ****ing hate Chipoltle.

The closer to Denton the better but Saturday works better than Friday because I work until 8:30 Monday through Friday.

What about those giant parking lots built for the Garland Events Center. I would think it would be empty more often than not during the summer and school year until graduation time rolls around.

Last edited:

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
I ****ing hate Chipoltle.

The closer to Denton the better but Saturday works better than Friday because I work until 8:30 Monday through Friday.

What about those giant parking lots built for the Garland Events Center. I would think it would be empty more often than not during the summer and school year until graduation time rolls around.

Well, Chipotle has a patio and it's near the highway to make it easy for everyone to get to. You don't have to eat there if you don't want to. Plus, no offense Sheldon, but the odds of you actually showing up are slim to none. I can't remember the last time I saw you. :(

WOMACK03

Whipple Powered
Established Member
Well, Chipotle has a patio and it's near the highway to make it easy for everyone to get to. You don't have to eat there if you don't want to. Plus, no offense Sheldon, but the odds of you actually showing up are slim to none. I can't remember the last time I saw you. :(

Good effin point. Sheldon "Where you at", "chirp"

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
Sheldon = fail.

PS While I have everyone's attention in here, is anyone going to be at the Friday meet this week?

Andrew91GT

Established Member
I don't know about you guys, but the track doesn't exactly say "chill out and relax" to me. I mean I'm all for track days, but not every week.

What's the point in having a hot rod if you never open it up? The track gives you a controlled environment where you can do just that, and it even gives you a sheet of paper so you can track your progress.

How about once or twice a month? Everyone remembers how much fun it was to go to the track with your friends, right?

Andrew91GT

Established Member
Sorry buddy, but you're the only track rat here. I like to go occasionally, but definetely not every week, at least not with a street car. A car like yours I can understand, but not mine.

Why have a blown street car if you never see what it can do?

waydeg

Established Member
I would be interested in something like this
Me too. Am I going to be the only old geezer over 40? 50?:burnout:
I'd love to have a look under some of these hoods!

Just and FYI - there's loads of places near Stonebriar Mall in Frisco. I have a nephew who runs one of the Christinas (Tex MEx) He might be able to offer some specials.

Last edited:

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
Andrew, come on. Who can really afford, the 80 dollars redline charges to get in, the 80 bucks in gas it takes to drive out there and race, every week?

Just un-realistic man.

The whole point of a fun street car is to drive it....on the street.

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member

I was just thinking of a place to put the cars....do you really want to park our cars in the midst of all those wannabe rich snobs in that area that drive their giant trucks and suv's around with no regard for anyone else.

If you think the Dillard's parking lot over there might be empty but still...that is a lot of traffic in and out of that place that could easily lead to you having to put your tubby lug up the side of someone's head.

Users who are viewing this thread