Gauging intrest..Saturday night GTG

Andrew91GT

Established Member
Andrew, come on. Who can really afford, the 80 dollars redline charges to get in, the 80 bucks in gas it takes to drive out there and race, every week?

Just un-realistic man.

The whole point of a fun street car is to drive it....on the street.

What's unrealistic is your estimate of entry and gas charges. Seems to me if you drive it on the street long enough, you'll end up at redline. :)

WOMACK03

Whipple Powered
Established Member
Who cares what other people think? The only thing that matters is competing against yourself. Otherwise, I would have quit racing long ago.

Good point.

I will hit the track as soon as I get my fuel issues worked out, and torque boxes braced and welded.:beer:

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Who cares what other people think? The only thing that matters is competing against yourself. Otherwise, I would have quit racing long ago.

Who said anything about what other people think? I, ME, NO ONE ELSE, says its slow. I really have zero interest in ET's. It does nothing for me personally. No offense, I know it's your hobby. I enjoy going to the track to watch you race because the power your car has is awesome to watch. At your level I can understand the challenge between running a 4.70 and tryin to figure out what to do to get it run a 4.60. But my low 11 second car isn't even competitive these days so it's not worth going to the track. As long as the car is fun to drive that's what matters to me. When it's time for the shortblock, I'll step up, make abit more power and it will be a little more fun to drive. So it will be in the 10's..ooooh. You can throw a rock in DFW and hit a 10 second car.

lww18

Josh
Established Member
I wanted to start coming to these "gtg's" i keep reading about so whats the status? I was going to go to the one in plano tonight if its actually happening but saturday would work also.......I live in arlington so I cant really make any suggestions close to garland/plano D: Lemme know something

Ah, I just saw Foof is going to talk w/the chipotle guy.....i guess i'll wait for that update, thanks.

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
I'm going to go talk to the general manager of Chipotle to set it up starting next weekend. :rockon:

I'll have my DSLR by then.

Make sure to have everyone clean their whips.

Mine is still dented and scratched on the passenger side, don't really have time to be without a car until late July to early August.

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
What's the point in having a hot rod if you never open it up? The track gives you a controlled environment where you can do just that, and it even gives you a sheet of paper so you can track your progress.

How about once or twice a month? Everyone remembers how much fun it was to go to the track with your friends, right?

Mine is slow enought to open up on the street and not break any traffic laws... :nonono: Until I get some mods done to the car, I've run enough 8.9s - 9.0s

Like I said, when I get more done to it so it's acutally worth racing, then yeah sure.
Make sure to have everyone clean their whips.
No can do.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Mine is slow enought to open up on the street and not break any traffic laws... :nonono: Until I get some mods done to the car, I've run enough 8.9s - 9.0s

Like I said, when I get more done to it so it's acutally worth racing, then yeah sure.

No can do.
LOL my daily would be a great race for you... seriously.:lol1: Its rated mid 14s at mid 90s stock, and mine won't be stock for long.:lol1: I already have coil overs and light weight racing wheels on the way. Flash tune and a few other goodies as soon as I move back probably. Just a good tune is getting these things to run 13.7-13.9s on stock tires.

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
LOL my daily would be a great race for you... seriously.:lol1: Its rated mid 14s at mid 90s stock, and mine won't be stock for long.:lol1: I already have coil overs and light weight racing wheels on the way. Flash tune and a few other goodies as soon as I move back probably. Just a good tune is getting these things to run 13.7-13.9s on stock tires.

It's slow, I've never said otherwise...and won't until I get LOTS of boost.

Andrew91GT

Established Member
Who said anything about what other people think? I, ME, NO ONE ELSE, says its slow. I really have zero interest in ET's. It does nothing for me personally. No offense, I know it's your hobby. I enjoy going to the track to watch you race because the power your car has is awesome to watch. At your level I can understand the challenge between running a 4.70 and tryin to figure out what to do to get it run a 4.60. But my low 11 second car isn't even competitive these days so it's not worth going to the track. As long as the car is fun to drive that's what matters to me. When it's time for the shortblock, I'll step up, make abit more power and it will be a little more fun to drive. So it will be in the 10's..ooooh. You can throw a rock in DFW and hit a 10 second car.

Competitive with who? There's always someone faster. I enjoy just trying to better myself, whether that's gunning for an 8.9 or a 5.9.

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
Competitive with who? There's always someone faster. I enjoy just trying to better myself, whether that's gunning for an 8.9 or a 5.9.
Well if you want to gun for 8.9s, we can trade cars and I'll see what I can do with your 101mm. :burnout::thumbsup:

Andrew91GT

Established Member
Well if you want to gun for 8.9s, we can trade cars and I'll see what I can do with your 101mm. :burnout::thumbsup:

My junk went a couple of 5.0's at 150ish having to pedal most of the way down the track. Something's going on with the suspension...

Andrew91GT

Established Member
Apparently.

My bad, I knew it was a big bitch though.

Launched, 8 tenths of a second out, I let out because it was going hard left... out of the gas for a second or so, back in for a second and a half, then out of the gas for a second, then back in until the traps. It's making power, just isn't currently going straight.

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
I haven't been out in a while due to family stuff and a super heavy work load but I would deffinitely be interested in getting together with you all again... Set it up and I will do my best to be there...

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
I haven't been out in a while due to family stuff and a super heavy work load but I would deffinitely be interested in getting together with you all again... Set it up and I will do my best to be there...

Word brother. I'm doing 6 10s right now.

Can't wait until school starts so I can go back to part time.

Users who are viewing this thread