Votes: 7 6.1%

Votes: 22 19.3%

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • 3.31 or other?

Votes: 82 71.9%

• Total voters

pohnjarker

Established Member
not sure how much boost yet, i'll hook up the aeroforce and 2 bar map sensor when i get home next month.
i'm running a 3.33" pulley.

Last edited:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Nope 1st gear is pretty useless with boost and 3:31's , but with the right suspension/ tire set up you can hook halfway through 2nd...that's what mine does..the key is 3:31's will hook sooner then 3:73's!

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Nope 1st gear is pretty useless with boost and 3:31's , but with the right suspension/ tire set up you can hook halfway through 2nd...that's what mine does..the key is 3:31's will hook sooner then 3:73's!

i hook in first gear just fine with 4.10

Surfergeek

Established Member
So an update ...

Have done several track events with the 3.08s installed and the factory FRPP 624HP tune.

Next step is a CAI and Tune try to get close to the 600whp target on 91 octane.

Gone are some of the concerns about mileage because it's no longer my daily driver ... yay!

It's all part of a learning experience and knowing what different things will do. I don't regret doing the 3.08s at all and if I put in 3.31 or 3.55 and decide to change again, that's a part of the process. You'll never how it works for you until you try it.

Some thoughts on the 3.08s

Easy to get on it coming out of corners on the track, much better than with the 3.73s and the blower.

Cruising on the freeway at speed limit speeds 65-70 the engine is under 2K RPM in 6th and actually not where it seems happiest. The car feels at home around 2,100-2,400 RPM ... Best economy / lowest noise level, most responsiveness. I want a little more responsiveness for daily driving and to cruise at a little higher RPM.

I am considering taking the ratio back to a 3.31 or 3.55 ... Probably the 3.31 ... and I think that will be the sweet spot for on track performance and street duties with my power levels.

Will see how it drives with the tune. But having had the 3.08s has made it easier to concentrate on learning to drive the car fast, and not have to worry as much about throttle adjustments and managing the power.

That comes next and I am ready to give that a shot.

Zevox

Established Member
Just met a guy running a 2012 5.0 twin turbo set up with 3.55's in a manual and I know for drag racing it's horrible. He's on the not DOT approved Mickey Thompsons and hooks hard but has to shift at 4400 rpm 1-2, then 5500rpm 2-3, and finally can get to a decent sift point for his 3-4 because he has NO traction. His black marks were laid the whole way until he hit 4th gear. I don't know much about FI cars or anything about road racing but from what I've seen with his car a 3.55 is just too low.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Twin turbo cars make a ton of torque, he's gonna have to figure out how to get the car to hook! He'd probably do better with an automatic with that kind of torque! Sux to have all that power and not be able to get it to the ground!

Rick14

Established Member
Running 331on 6mt82 with nt01s. Car hooks great. Nice long shifts. Just under 600 whp on mustang dyno. Had invos and couldn't stick the tires

Users who are viewing this thread