Gen 1 2.3 Whipple

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
It is the W2300AX version w/o the sight glass. There is no difference btw this blower or the W140AX Gen 1 Whipple. The W2300ax is standard on the Ford GT and Whipple used it as their Gen1 before switching from Lysholm to their own factory due to supply issues.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
What kind of power did this make
The Gen1 makes the same amount of power as teh Gen 2 Whipples. There is no proof or data showing any differences other than what Whipple claims and the fact that the Gen2 uses a larger pulley to acquire the same boost helping with belt slip issues. The prev owner made 621 rwhp I believe at 19psi.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
want to trade a ported eaton polished and cash if so pm me!
I am not looking to trade anything right now, sorry man. If I dont get what I want for it, it will continue to sit on my spareroom floor. I am not really sure what I want to do with the car either. It is paid off so that might sit for a while too while I make up my mind. :shrug:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
It is the W2300AX version w/o the sight glass. There is no difference btw this blower or the W140AX Gen 1 Whipple. The W2300ax is standard on the Ford GT and Whipple used it as their Gen1 before switching from Lysholm to their own factory due to supply issues.
Actually there are some differences between the W2300AX and W140AX Gen1's.

Dustin@Whipple said:
Cobra system has the following changes/upgrades:
New W140ax SC with stronger, more rigid double angular front bearings and sealed roller bearings in the rear. Teflon coated rotors with new Whipple profile, increased flow of inlet (housing), tapered snap rings hold bearings in place vs. set screws, increased clearance for oil to reach bearings for proper lubrication and decreased temp at high speeds, increased strength drive to gear coupler, etc...
Casted SC discharge vs. billet. Our discharge was already very nice, with a lot of radius built in and an increased plenuem, but the casting allowed us to make this even better and it looks even more like factory.
New drive snout. Better material, increased shaft diameter, increased thread engagement of pulley hub bolt and front sealed bearing.

All in all, it's better in every way, quieter, more efficient, more robust and rebuildable, not to mention built in the good ol' USA.

Thanks,
Dustin

So as not to post up mis-information. :read:

But I agree on the power differences. All the generations make about the same power at the same boost level.

Good luck on the sale.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Actually there are some differences between the W2300AX and W140AX Gen1's.

So as not to post up mis-information. :read:

But I agree on the power differences. All the generations make about the same power at the same boost level.

Good luck on the sale.
I think I mistated what I was implying. I said other than what Whipple claims as I did not want to go into detail about every tiny nuasance as any buyer will do their research hopefully. I was getting more at the power differences, IAT's etc... without having to type an essay while at work.

Either way I will prob keep it as it will sit on my floor before I let it go to some lowballer.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I think I mistated what I was implying. I said other than what Whipple claims as I did not want to go into detail about every tiny nuasance as any buyer will do their research hopefully. I was getting more at the power differences, IAT's etc... without having to type an essay while at work.

Either way I will prob keep it as it will sit on my floor before I let it go to some lowballer.
I understand. I am right there with you man. There have been no real advantages between the Gen's of Whipples as far as power or IAT's.

$2300 is a Great Deal! :thumbsup:

Good Luck.

Users who are viewing this thread