**GEN-3 Killer Chiller GB**

Status
Not open for further replies.

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
Anyone know where i can pick up the blue and black ac disconnect tools?

*EDIT - Nevermind, found them at my local NAPA store.

Last edited:

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
I would think that it would be cooler with the HE since this would take out some of the heat before it hits the KC.

Can you explain why it will get close to freezing temps by removing the HE?

Quite a few delete the HE. I like running the kit without the HE, as your temps will get close to freezing. Now if you're going to run open track then I would keep the HE.

- Joe

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
I would think that it would be cooler with the HE since this would take out some of the heat before it hits the KC.

Can you explain why it will get close to freezing temps by removing the HE?

running the killer chiller gets the coolant down anywhere from 35-60 degrees .. the heat exchanger is no longer "removing heat" with this type of setup .. it actually is "adding heat" back to the coolant by allowing warm air to pass across the h/e with cold coolant inside the tubes

in a normal setup the heat exchanger removes some heat from the coolant ... but in the case of the killer chiller ... its doing the opposite, its warming the coolant back up more than if you were to just bypass it

Last edited:

04SolidSnake

Canadian Snake
Established Member
running the killer chiller gets the coolant down anywhere from 35-60 degrees .. the heat exchanger is no longer "removing heat" with this type of setup .. it actually is "adding heat" back to the coolant by allowing warm air to pass across the h/e with cold coolant inside the tubes

in a normal setup the heat exchanger removes some heat from the coolant ... but in the case of the killer chiller ... its doing the opposite, its warming the coolant back up more than if you were to just bypass it
What I don't understand is if you mount it.. So that the fluid hits the KC after it hits the heat exchanger.. How would the HE be adding heat to the system? Once the KC exchanger super cools the fluid, and it runs through the intercooler, would it not be heated close to or above ambient?

Nevermind I think I may have answered my own question.. Without the HE, coolant temps are below ambient after the IC, so then the run through the KC below ambient, and are cooled further, etc etc.. Where as the HE would try bring the temps up to ambient before hitting the KC exchanger in the loop.

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
What I don't understand is if you mount it.. So that the fluid hits the KC after it hits the heat exchanger.. How would the HE be adding heat to the system? Once the KC exchanger super cools the fluid, and it runs through the intercooler, would it not be heated close to or above ambient?

Nevermind I think I may have answered my own question.. Without the HE, coolant temps are below ambient after the IC, so then the run through the KC below ambient, and are cooled further, etc etc.. Where as the HE would try bring the temps up to ambient before hitting the KC exchanger in the loop.

exactly .. and to answer your question .. the cold temps ppl are reading in their reservior is AFTER the intercooler .. so still being cold, the fluid then goes from the reservior to the pump to the h/e then to the kc again

temps are still cool after the intercooler... therefore going into the h/e would only warm them back up some ... so ppl bypass it to keep the fluid cold as possible .. i bypassed my h/e for days that are 90-100 when i know i will be running the ac always.. now as for days that are 60-75 (or cooler) i will keep the valve open and use the full system, h/e included

that way if i switch off the a/c i still have cooling with the h/e without having to get out and turn the valve ... and if i AM running ac on those cooler days, well its not a big difference between ambient and the kc fluid temps to really make an impact on temps being brought up by using the h/e

Last edited:

03kevo

Established Member
exactly .. and to answer your question .. the cold temps ppl are reading in their reservior is AFTER the intercooler .. so still being cold, the fluid then goes from the reservior to the pump to the h/e then to the kc again

temps are still cool after the intercooler... therefore going into the h/e would only warm them back up some ... so ppl bypass it to keep the fluid cold as possible .. i bypassed my h/e for days that are 90-100 when i know i will be running the ac always.. now as for days that are 60-75 (or cooler) i will keep the valve open and use the full system, h/e included

that way if i switch off the a/c i still have cooling with the h/e without having to get out and turn the valve ... and if i AM running ac on those cooler days, well its not a big difference between ambient and the kc fluid temps to really make an impact on temps being brought up by using the h/e

The answer i have been looking for. I was thinking it goes from I/C->>H/E->>reservoir->>I/C. Definately getting one and getting rid of my 200shot* methanol kit.

I want to go with a big tank, but not sure whether to move the battery or the tank to the truck.

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
Is there good directions/how-to on how to bypass the HE with pictures some where and a parts list?

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
Last edited:

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
For the coolant/water mix you say 70/30 but here in Wisconsin it freezes here and we need to set our coolant to minus -34 (usually a 50/50 mix) so would the 70/30 be safe not to freeze in the Wisconsin winter months?

Last edited:

truculentSVT

Established Member
Once you install the kit and bypass your heat exchanger, what about when you don't have the KC on? Like do you always run with this on, or only when racing? Do you have to always have the AC on? Not familiar with these kits..

Bandit5.4

Slow driver
Established Member
I believe the KC is on whenever the system/ A/C compressor is running. So, obviously in the summer months, when you need the A/C on, you'll need the KC running as well to keep IAT's down. In the winter, you can run on defrost/mix and have warm air in the cab and have the KC running too.

Last edited:

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
Once you install the kit and bypass your heat exchanger, what about when you don't have the KC on? Like do you always run with this on, or only when racing? Do you have to always have the AC on? Not familiar with these kits..

if you bypass your heat exchanger you will need to have the a/c on full time .. if not then you will have coolant circulating but no heat exchanger or kc to cool it down, so it would be a useless cooling system...

if you plan to bypass the heat exchanger then you need to plan to have the a/c on, if you decide to not run the a/c and just want to cruise (say at night) then you will have to get down on a knee outside the car and turn a valve, it's as simple as that.. that will open the coolant to flow to the heat exchanger for normal cooling

Last edited:

IronPony1965

Established Member
Is this deal still possible? Am I too new?

Just got my first Termi a little over a month ago and only recently came across this place. Great site, by the way.

J.Kincaid

Established Member
Is the group pricing for $550.00 still available on these?

Thanks,
Matt

Yes we still have a couple of kits left.

- Joe

For the coolant/water mix you say 70/30 but here in Wisconsin it freezes here and we need to set our coolant to minus -34 (usually a 50/50 mix) so would the 70/30 be safe not to freeze in the Wisconsin winter months?

Have it checked, or for about 5 bucks you can pick up a coolant checker at your local auto parts store.

Is this deal still possible? Am I too new?

Just got my first Termi a little over a month ago and only recently came across this place. Great site, by the way.

We still have a couple of kits left. Just e-mail me your shipping info, and PH#

[email protected]

Thanks,
Joe

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
Yeah I have a tester already but I was just wondering if the 70/30 was safe to -34. I will have to check and mix up a batch.

SuperLX

Established Member
the kit is good BUT does not come with detailed pics

it is not a easy install for those DIYers takes some time esp w/o pics

nevertheless still worth it IMHO.

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
The kit looks easy as heck to do from reading the instructions. I looked over my parts and it will be a breeze.

If it looks like a hard install you may want an expert to do it for you cause this is one of the easiest kits I have seen.

the kit is good BUT does not come with detailed pics

it is not a easy install for those DIYers takes some time esp w/o pics

nevertheless still worth it IMHO.

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
The kit looks easy as heck to do from reading the instructions. I looked over my parts and it will be a breeze.

If it looks like a hard install you may want an expert to do it for you cause this is one of the easiest kits I have seen.

it isnt difficult but time consuming

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread