Gen 5 Whipple Results and Impressions

stangfreak

Established Member
That's a good point on the CI and compression. And I did realize that when I made my comment. But I DO believe these new rotor packs are a HUGE improvement over previous gen2 rotors. Those gen2 rotors were a handicap on the larger 3.4 blowers feeling soft down low sub 20psi.....this gen5 works amazing over a wider boost span. These new rotors are not snake oil

oh of course. I agree with that as well. I also think these new rotors are bad ass. I remember driving a cobra that had a 3.4 whipple on 18lbs of boost. pump gas. The owner was like dude what do you think? I forgot how much it made. The peak number was decent. But the power under the curve was terrible lol. I just said yea, cars fast man. Gave him back the keys and walked away politely. My 2.4 kenne bell at 17lbs was even horrible. Granted the first batches were terrible and I was stuck with a bad one. But at 17lbs, my previous setup, ported eaton with a 2.8 upper 4lb lower would have killed that car down low.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
that's impressive. I was really curious to see the first results on here from this.

94slowbra1

Established Member
Well done. My gen4 is legit, I can only imagine the 5. Great numbers. Now turn up the boost and get some more timing in her and let her eat!

KING_Asp

MAGA in a COBRA
Established Member
Well done. My gen4 is legit, I can only imagine the 5. Great numbers. Now turn up the boost and get some more timing in her and let her eat!

You bet!! She probobly could handle more timing on the 17psi pulley but that was my last pull on the dyno just for a little comparison with the TVS. I have always been and will continue to be conservative with my timing. I keep it pretty soft low in the rpm range. This Gen 5 will build incredible amounts of cylinder pressure on lower boost than the smaller blowers.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Soap

Established Member
This Gen 5 will build incredible amounts of cylinder pressure on lower boost than the smaller blowers.

Given 2 positive displacement superchargers, one large and one small (actual displacement is irrelevant), if they are making the same exact boost (lets say 25#) and have the same timing, how does the larger one make more cylinder pressure than the smaller one?

--Joe

KING_Asp

MAGA in a COBRA
Established Member
Given 2 positive displacement superchargers, one large and one small (actual displacement is irrelevant), if they are making the same exact boost (lets say 25#) and have the same timing, how does the larger one make more cylinder pressure than the smaller one?

--Joe

Well... The torque gain at less boost is a good place to start looking for an example. Considering I have more torque at less boost compared to a smaller blower tells me I have more cylinder pressure right there. You are cramming more air in the same amount of time (valves open) into the same sized cylinder with a bigger ( more air per revolution) blower. Atleast thats how I understand it

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

KING_Asp

MAGA in a COBRA
Established Member
What timing did you have to run at idle to get that TB to work?
I am running 9-10* at idle. I have not been able to hook up the cruise control cable yet though. It seems to want to keep the throttle body open a little bit. I think it is just my cable needing adjustment. My TPS counts are at 191, IAC duty cycle is 37%. It took a couple driving cycles and adjustments to get it to want to come down.

03terminatorcobra

Established Member
I am running 9-10* at idle. I have not been able to hook up the cruise control cable yet though. It seems to want to keep the throttle body open a little bit. I think it is just my cable needing adjustment. My TPS counts are at 191, IAC duty cycle is 37%. It took a couple driving cycles and adjustments to get it to want to come down.

You are currently tuning on the ms3 pnp?
Was the first post with numbers from the oem ecu?

TurboGA

Established Member
3.0 Whipple is a game changer. I've been considering one in the near future. My 2.3 Whipple gen 2 has perform great thru my TH400. I've been researching and looking at reviews on the new blowers coming to the market. This has been a good review hopefully more to come..

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
3.0 Whipple is a game changer. I've been considering one in the near future. My 2.3 Whipple gen 2 has perform great thru my TH400. I've been researching and looking at reviews on the new blowers coming to the market. This has been a good review hopefully more to come..

Damn!?! 9.88 with a 2.3 whipple?! TH400 n E85 do'n work! Looking forward to the gen5 numbers

TurboGA

Established Member
combo works great. When I had the T56 I could only manage 10.30's at 142 mph. Only change was the Th400 with manual valve body and transbrake. Gained 5 tenths in et but loss a little mph . My blower is out of air no more power. I thought of installing nitrous but really don't want to push that 2.3 Whipple anymore. I rather save my coins and update the blower..

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Holy crap.. 900whp in a Terminator must be absolute madness.

I'd wear a helmet every time i drove that damn thing down the street! lmao

94slowbra1

Established Member
I'm curious what the switch looks like from a gen 4 to gen 5. Same car/motor ect...
I know they had a few people do it as test but I'm looking for real world stuff.

KING_Asp

MAGA in a COBRA
Established Member
There is a comparison on this forum from Lethal Performance. There are a couple guys on a facebook group that are switching from gen4 to gen5. I think the Gen5 blowers just started showing up at peoples door steps as I waited 4 months for mine. Results will be plenty here soon. I can attest... this blower is the real deal.

94slowbra1

Established Member
I'm sure it is. I buy my stuff for lethal so I'm not badmouthing them but I want real results, not advertisement numbers from people trying to sell.
I have a gen 4 crusher, that I have yet to dyno, but I'm a sucker for new go fast goodies. Looking forward to folks making the switch

Users who are viewing this thread