General Centrifugal Supercharger Discussion

Blackedout

Established Member
Got a few more things to hook up... was woundering what plugs and what gap to run ?? F1-A cogg pushing 25 lbs with E-85 fuel...

02blownGT

Established Member
What do you mean when you say it seemed to small? And I believe my buddy that I got it from said something about that mod. He said it was running it on his evo at 25psi.

I have a decent tune on the car and have been driving it and it seems to be doing well. Only thing is that it kind pulses when I let off. Other than that it seems to be doing well.

I got too much flutter so i just upsized to be on the safe side.Also when cruising on the fwy when i let off and got back into it i would feel a slight hesitiation.Switched to a Bigger valve and it fixed the problem.Also that spring mod is really inportant you want that thing opening at the right time. Every setup is different i have heard of it being used on some vortech kits i just didnt like the way it felt.

White_96Cobra

Established Member
I got too much flutter so i just upsized to be on the safe side.Also when cruising on the fwy when i let off and got back into it i would feel a slight hesitiation.Switched to a Bigger valve and it fixed the problem.Also that spring mod is really inportant you want that thing opening at the right time. Every setup is different i have heard of it being used on some vortech kits i just didnt like the way it felt.

I do notice a bit of flutter when letting off. Its doesn't do it unless rev'ing and letting off or after getting on it and letting off. Around what level of vac should they be set to open at under normal driving conditions?

02blownGT

Established Member
I do notice a bit of flutter when letting off. Its doesn't do it unless rev'ing and letting off or after getting on it and letting off. Around what level of vac should they be set to open at under normal driving conditions?
It shouldnt take much vac to open, you want to make sure its full open at idle.As far as the flutter as long as its coming from the BoV and not from air being forced back through the blower you should be ok. Just take it apart and make sure the right spring is inside it only takes 5mins and is good insurance.i dont think you can have a spring too light in the that style of BoV since its manifold pressure keeping it closed anyway the spring tension would matter more to turbo guys.

White_96Cobra

Established Member
It shouldnt take much vac to open, you want to make sure its full open at idle.As far as the flutter as long as its coming from the BoV and not from air being forced back through the blower you should be ok. Just take it apart and make sure the right spring is inside it only takes 5mins and is good insurance.i dont think you can have a spring too light in the that style of BoV since its manifold pressure keeping it closed anyway the spring tension would matter more to turbo guys.

:beer:Cool, I'll take a look at it in Jan when I get back and work on the car again.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
guys should i go 15% or 10% overdrive? I'm looking hard for a used pulley in good condition....please shed some light those who have one!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
^^ GO 15% for sure!! espiecally because you have a YSI trim. I'm going 15% in the next month or so.

icobra99

Established Member
Im planning on switching my vortech to a 2.75 8 rib pulley kit from summit when I swap the motor. Im currently running 13psi without an after/innercooler and Im wondering if instead of buying an intercooler if I could use methanol injection to cool my boost to relieve some of the strain on my motor? Anybody have some input or want to tell me what complications I might run into? I recently bought my car with a lot of the work already done to it so please excuse the fact that I might be a little ignorant about some things.
Also this is the bypass valve im thinking about using, anybody have any experience with it or input? Turbonetics 10765 - Turbonetics Godzilla Bypass Blow-Off Valve Kits - Overview - SummitRacing.com
Any input appreciated, thanks!

BlackVenom99

Established Member
Antiheightpunk used to run that valve, so he may chime in. I have it now, but the motor is in pieces so I don't know what it's like.

Pretty sure it's LOUD. lol

Chais92

Established Member
Alright guys I know this question has been discussed a million times but figured I'd post it in here. I have a vorteched built 2v should put down about 500hp maybe a lil more. My question is what gear? I have 4:10s now and loved em when the car only made 385 don't know about 500 tho. It is a street car mainly occasional drag strip trips but me and my buddies do alot of roll racing and would like to be able to get a high mph. Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread