Getaway

BAS

Established Member
New film opening in 10 days time (August 29th), Getaway, will feature a GT500 Supersnake. Do you think the film will do as much for the S197 variant of the GT500 as Gone in 60 seconds did for the 1973 GT500?

kb67

Established Member
Premium Member
Having a Supersnake in the movie is cool but no its not driving up any value on those cars or GT500s in general. As others have said before here cars are not a investment that you can count on if it happens I'll be taking the big dirtnap long before it would matter. I've got a 08 GT500 and will be getting a 14 here soon future value never even came into the equation of why I was buying a GT500.

What would be awesome is seeing things like the RS Focus and Pursuit UTE's in movies that would possibly draw more interest in some cool cars and start the movement of people wanting to get ahold of things like that.

nickf2005

Established Member
1376922868702_zpsa0e40f9f.gif
Looks like they used an 07-09 for the car.

This screenshot was brought to my attention in another forum. Looks like they used a GT/V6 instead of an actual GT500. Can't blame them, it's a lot cheaper.

Posted via Topify using Android

5.0 guy

Established Member
I've seen different mods in different clips including the headrests are different in the movie from the poster advertising at the theatre. I'm sure that they used more then one car as they always do but I won't be surprised if they fail on details to make it an authentic looking SS. I don't know if I agree about a Focus instead of a Shelby drawing attention gr the movie but I see what your saying.

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
new film opening in 10 days time (august 29th), getaway, will feature a gt500 supersnake. Do you think the film will do as much for the s197 variant of the gt500 as gone in 60 seconds did for the 1973 gt500?

1973 gt500? :??:

5.0 guy

Established Member
I think he is referring to the original Hone in 60 seconds filmed by a guy who was a very large car collector back in the 70's and funded the original film with his own money. The second movie with Nicholas Cage was a variant off if the first. I think I actually have the original film on DVd, lol.

bluediamond

13 Shelby aka El Diablo
Established Member
I've seen different mods in different clips including the headrests are different in the movie from the poster advertising at the theatre. I'm sure that they used more then one car as they always do but I won't be surprised if they fail on details to make it an authentic looking SS. I don't know if I agree about a Focus instead of a Shelby drawing attention gr the movie but I see what your saying.

Yeah multiple cars used...we will see multiple mistakes etc.
Will be interesting to see how bad some of the mistakes will be.
Hollywood always gets it wrong...IIRC Fast Six had multiple types of cars,
all with the same Chev. engines...and in Jeff Gordon's Pepsi Camaro test drive
commercial the decal on the windshield said 2009.
I wont be surprised if there is no engine whine 50% of the time in
the Getaway SS.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Car movies, especially those with a Mustang as one of the main characters are always horrible. I'm willing to bet the farm this one doesn't deviate from the past. I could probably stomach about ten seconds of this movie. Here they are...

_SG1_zps9c48f922.jpg

_SG0_zps0a6b7647.jpg

_SG_zps20fde0ca.jpg

The End.

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
I think he is referring to the original Hone in 60 seconds filmed by a guy who was a very large car collector back in the 70's and funded the original film with his own money. The second movie with Nicholas Cage was a variant off if the first. I think I actually have the original film on DVd, lol.

Yeah, I know about the original movie... It still wasn't a 1973 GT500

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
Original gone in 60 seconds

I have the original on dvd as well that guy making the films was a trip. He would film on Sundays so he did not have to hassle with permits and just lie to the police or whoever film the scene and sometimes have to pay a fine.

5.0 guy

Established Member
Yeah multiple cars used...we will see multiple mistakes etc.
Will be interesting to see how bad some of the mistakes will be.
Hollywood always gets it wrong...IIRC Fast Six had multiple types of cars,
all with the same Chev. engines...and in Jeff Gordon's Pepsi Camaro test drive
commercial the decal on the windshield said 2009.
I wont be surprised if there is no engine whine 50% of the time in
the Getaway SS.

I think the worst Mustang example in a movie was the Gone In 60 Seconds that they were in Japan and installed a 4cyl engine in it. I hate it when they Remove the headrests so you can see the actors better!

5.0 guy

Established Member
I have the original on dvd as well that guy making the films was a trip. He would film on Sundays so he did not have to hassle with permits and just lie to the police or whoever film the scene and sometimes have to pay a fine.

The movie wasn't that bad concidering it was a "B" movie, I think they used all of the locals and police for the movie and wrecked something like 90 cars during filming.

bluediamond

13 Shelby aka El Diablo
Established Member
...any Mustang starring in any movie is cool although it may be hard to watch at times.
Needless to say, there is one ingredient they could add to make Getaway a blockbuster success, but unfortunately its rated PG13.

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
I think the worst Mustang example in a movie was the Gone In 60 Seconds that they were in Japan and installed a 4cyl engine in it. I hate it when they Remove the headrests so you can see the actors better!

Do you mean Fast and Furious? ALL of those movies sucked, targeting the 17-year-old Honda Civic driver with no knowledge of cars or physics.

About the 4-cylinder in the Mustang, (the "upgrade" mentioned in that movie that made me sick), well...coming soon to a Ford dealer near you...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread