Getting a 6.2 Raptor

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
I dunno if this was a special deal but my dealer had to give a copy of my license to Ford with a "letter of intent" stating that I was in fact going to purchase this vehicle. Never had to do that before.

Anyone else have to do this?

Dick Lyon

Established Member
I had to do the same thing to get mine ordered but it kicked through as the dealer got confirmation back from Ford with a form called "Track a vehicle and a order number of 4016. Di you get something like this?....The other forum folks are mostly sdaying their dealers can't get orders to stick and lots of rumore that Ford is putting off oprder acceptance.......seems not so with you and I Capt.

jerkstore

Established Member
I just ordered a Black with the 6.2. I had to give a copy of the license and sign something saying I intended to buy it. I was told that it has to do with dealers pretending to have buyers for sought after vehicles in order to get them on their showroom. Salesman even said I might get a call from Ford confirming that I do intend to buy it.

I can't wait to get it though.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I want a blue w/orange interior soooo bad.

Too bad they don't offer the orange interior as an option w/all ext. colors.

jerkstore

Established Member
I betcha you could get the blue with the optional interior. I know what the site says, but it also says the black exterior has to come with the two tone orange interior. When I ordered mine, my dealer said I could have a solid black interior, which I went with. Sometimes the website isn't right. If you order it, you can try. I don't know for sure though, I half expect my black truck to show up with the orange interior despite what was ordered.

VaporDude

Established Member
I am in the process of ordering a 6.2. It will be orange pretty well loaded. The dealer is giving me a good price on my 08 F-250 crew cab diesel. All I need to do is convince my wife.

Dusten

Established Member
for those of you that ordered 6.2's, any clue when they'll show up? My dealer is claiming 6 months till the 6.2's are out

ModularFan

Established Member
Orders started taking place in Dec. Last I heard production sometime in March 1st 6.2s arriving at dealers in April. That is if there are no holdups.

It may be later then that, I believe ford was having issues with the tranny's communicating with the 6.2L

Ohms

Established Member
My dealership ordered a black one in December, and they said 4-6 months then. I'm gonna add some tint, and probably the front light bar and hope she sells quick!

qachargh

Established Member
Ford finally put the 6.2 option up on the website to build your own. Now I just gotta wait and see how I'm going to be able to knock down that 42k sticker. I can't remember what month Ford does that truck month incentive program. I just don't want to buy the thing and find out next model year Ford is going to put 3V heads on the thing.

scott5

Established Member
Think the suspension will be fine pulling a termy on an open trailer?
Went to the dealer today and almost signed the paper on a blue one with graphics with the 6.2 but didnt know how it would pull the trailer and i need to pull a trailer

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Think the suspension will be fine pulling a termy on an open trailer?
Went to the dealer today and almost signed the paper on a blue one with graphics with the 6.2 but didnt know how it would pull the trailer and i need to pull a trailer

Its rated at 6000 or 6500 lbs towing. This is lower than the normal f150 because of the off road suspension set up. To pull a trailer an one svt mustang it should be fine.

Also vins are out for the 6.2. Build dates have been scheduled!!!:rockon::pepper:First of March!
I got my vin yesterday. Most of us ENCS guys with a delivery date in April should have or get their vin's soon. One guy already got his build date as well, March 8th. So we should see the first ones on the street at the end of March.

Last edited:

00SVTlightning

F8LSTRKE
Established Member
I dunno if this was a special deal but my dealer had to give a copy of my license to Ford with a "letter of intent" stating that I was in fact going to purchase this vehicle. Never had to do that before.

Anyone else have to do this?

I'd give em a little skin off my nutsack to get a Raptor. I sure hope to get another SVT truck some day.:(

Users who are viewing this thread