Getting a title for an ATV in Florida without bill of sale

QuickV8

▪█───────█▪
Established Member
I was wanting to get a title for my 2 four wheelers..
they were a gift.. not ever titled that i know of.
i found the vin #s and they arent stolen.

according to google, i need to fill out form 82040. i decoded the vin and it gave me the date they were made. i read something about needing the date they were made to get a title. is there anything else i'm missing?

can i get a title without a bill of sale? do i just get the person that gave them to me write out a bill of sale and put 'gift' under purchase price? can i do a handwritten bill of sale? or print one out? any advice on what to put on the bill of sale?

one is a 2007, the other is a 2005. I emailed the maker Hensim and they wont email me back. i asked for the "manufacturers certificate of origins"..

i want titles so they're in my name...

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
I would ask the titling authority (motor vehicles?) your questions. Do they have online regs to use for guidelines for what you need to do in certain situations? Send an email? Here in MD, MVA online is a wealth of knowledge and makes it easy to walk in, get what you need and get out. You will likely need a bill of sale or MCO's. Without those, they may need to be visually inspected by motor vehicles to verify their existence and ownership. The more you can provide, the easier it will be. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread