Getting another C5Z

Sirraf

Established Member
So, I have had 2 C5Z's in the past, and I loved both of them. I sold them years ago and got a GTR and a GT500. I got rid of both of them almost 2 years ago, and haven't had a toy since. I considered a GT350, and some other cars as well. Nothing really got my attention like a C5Z. the design and rawness of the C5Z is something that has always made me enjoy the car. I am picking up this beauty next week for 17k. Has 80k miles on the clock. Cam, full exhaust, etc. Super clean. Excited to get back into another one. I never had an electron blue, and its had been my favorite color as well. I think a C5Z is still one of the best bangs for the buck despite the lack of modern technology like heated seats, nav, etc., but that is what adds to the experience of this car.

48243014d1515438649-2002-ebm-z06-mod-red-interior-img_7772.jpg

48243020d1515438712-2002-ebm-z06-mod-red-interior-img_5329.jpg

80-image3_1__30454cfc201e7b9ce9e43c96b539d3cc13542b8b.jpg

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
I would look for a 2004 C5R commemorative, if I was in the market for a C5 or Z06 since only 2025 was made and they was the only C5's to have the exclusive carbon fiber hood, plus you don't see them every day.

But yes Electron Blue would be a close second to the LeMans Blue for a C5 Z06 color.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome man. Congrats. Good luck with it.

I have cash set aside for a C5 that I’m still searching for. There is a huge part of me that wants to jump to a C5Z but I really just want a cruiser with maybe some mild bolt-ons

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Looks great and should be a blast.

I have wanted a C5Z for a while but don't have room. I considered selling my Cobra to pick one up. It seems like it would be a better toy for autocross and track. I made the mistake of buying a pristine Viper, now I don't want to trash it on the track... I wouldn't make that mistake with a Z.

08mojo

Established Member
Bang for buck at that price point would always be a terminator for me. Bang for buck corvette will always be a C6Z for me.

Rct851

Established Member
badass. What would one expect it to trap with FBO and a cam reasonable enough to drive and not be bucking around?

What about passing an inspection in Texas with a cam? Anyone know?

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
badass. What would one expect it to trap with FBO and a cam reasonable enough to drive and not be bucking around?

What about passing an inspection in Texas with a cam? Anyone know?

Nothing too it down here. Even where we have emissions just clear the light and your good to go

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Yep, as long as you have no codes, most places won't bat an eye. I have taken my 4th gen F-boat in camming it's ass off, longtubes, off-road midpipe etc...

Being in Houston that ain’t nothing anyway. Its just Houston stock

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
I'd like to pick up a C5Z at some point. I like the body lines better than a C6Z. I think it just looks sexy. Can't beat the prices on them now either.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations! That's a gorgeous C5Z. Gotta love the paint color and the red interior accents. GREAT choice. I hear you on the rawness of the C5Z compared to the C6Z and C7Z. Kinda like comparing the rawness of the Terminator to the newer Mustangs.

Sirraf

Established Member
I'd like to pick up a C5Z at some point. I like the body lines better than a C6Z. I think it just looks sexy. Can't beat the prices on them now either.
I feel the same way. The C6Z looks great, but I feel a C5Z has a more timeless design. C5Zs are not selling very good either. I see some sitting for sale on forums for quite a while with no interest. I think people are going for a C6Z since they have dropped in price, but you will still pay 30-35k for a decent C6Z.

jrandy

Established Member
I feel the same way. The C6Z looks great, but I feel a C5Z has a more timeless design. C5Zs are not selling very good either. I see some sitting for sale on forums for quite a while with no interest. I think people are going for a C6Z since they have dropped in price, but you will still pay 30-35k for a decent C6Z.

I also prefer the C5Z over the 6. One day I'll have one in my garage.

Users who are viewing this thread