Getting the "Sell It" Feeling

Ande99SVT

Lazy Ass Rifleman
Established Member
I've had my car since October of 2012, didn't get to lay eyes on her till December when I got back from deployment. Had an issue with the first tune, got it retuned and everything ran great until I got her on the dyno and it showed a little lean. So I got the car retuned yet again and she is running great with no problems except for the PPRV stutter when shifting (80% Fuel Pump Duty Cycle) which is not a terribly hard thing to fix. I just recently drove the car 2,500 miles across country with absolutely no issues whatsoever and got surprising decent mileage per tank.

Now that I'm here in 29 Palms, California, this is where the feeling has started to come up. There is NOTHING here, just desert. There are quite a few things around to include L.A., Las Vegas, etc but in this general area there is nothing. One thing that has come to my possible interest is off roading. Maybe picking up a Jeep Wrangler and being able to go through some modest trails along out here with the family.

Both my Wife and Dad tell me I'm going to regret it, because I have wanted one of these cars for over five years. I guess I'm just getting the blues. She has 68,000 miles on it and I am a bit worried something may go wrong here soon.

Anyone get this feeling before? Sell there Terminator and regret it?

Ande99SVT

Lazy Ass Rifleman
Established Member
She's got a good list of mods on her as it is and she is way fast enough for my taste. The next thing I imagine I could do would be fuel pumps. It's just that these roads are awful out here and I know the suspension is getting beat just driving down 29 Palms highway.

IA Shelby: Man I love driving this car on open roads but out here every road is terrible.

IA Shelby

Established Member
She's got a good list of mods on her as it is and she is way fast enough for my taste. The next thing I imagine I could do would be fuel pumps. It's just that these roads are awful out here and I know the suspension is getting beat just driving down 29 Palms highway.

IA Shelby: Man I love driving this car on open roads but out here every road is terrible.

Get a Raptor. Stay with SVT. Good luck.

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
dont do it bud, I get where you are coming from and I feel ya (never been to 29 stumps but I have heard enough horror stories and I plan and keeping away from there). But once you leave there you will want her again

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Don't rush into anything. Don't drive the Cobra for a week or two. Then drive it. Still feel the same way?

stangfreak

Established Member
You will regret it trust me. I'm not saying the cobra is the best car in the world, but there will only be one terminator. Nothing will take its place. It's one of a kind. From the appearance to the history this car made. I bought mine brand new in August of 03. To this day, when I open the garage door, I still get that same feeling from when I first saw it at the dealer. The bond I have with this car is unreal.

I also get stopped in random parking lots and people ask me if I want to sell it or, is this a new style mustang.....

Keep the terminator.

20redfire03

Established Member
I had the feeling come and go but I know part of me would regret it and my friends have said the same. I'd keep it if I were you.

jsonic

Established Member
I don't care what happens,I will never sell my cobra. Keep it and mod it. Buy a 450 to toy around in the desert. They're more fun than jeeps anyway.

Ande99SVT

Lazy Ass Rifleman
Established Member
You're only 29 LOL ..... keep the car :)

Hah actually I'm 24 and lucky enough to own her outright!

I just took her out today for the first time in about 4-5 days going above 35 and man did it bring back the feeling of wanting her haha. I guess that's all it takes. I'm looking to take a trip to LA or the beach sometime to get on some better roads.

It's the 29 Palms downers I suppose, anyone who was stationed here knows what I'm talking about.

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
From a fellow Marine to another, don't sell it. It's one of the few joys you get to relieve stress. With all the DUI and weekend briefs, I just want to drive mine all weekend. The bike is used to keep miles off my cobra. Don't sell it brother. The first day you have a free weekend and you hop in a Jeep and see a cobra driving down the road, or better yet YOUR old car cause some jarhead will buy it, you're going to start yelling while driving.

Ande99SVT

Lazy Ass Rifleman
Established Member
Yeah I think I'm going to hold on to her, I thought about driving by some dealership seeing her sit out there while some 19 year old drools all over it while trying to get his 49% APR loan for 25,000.

Looks like PPRV delete is coming!

gabe1530

Banned
youll regret it. there are a few Marines out in the stumps that have cobras as well. make friends with them and youll be happy again. when i was in pendleton, i only had one other cobra friend and he was in my company. there were others but most were pogs in mainside. it was a perfect time killer for us grunts as we sometimes have nothing to do if we arent training.

xsboosted

Established Member
Semper Fi brother!!! Don't sell it over a 29 stumps hunch, that place will **** with your head man. I went there for only 35 days and wanted to shoot myself. You will regret it for sure if you see some young ass pfc driving it around.

ademily87

Established Member
Don't rush into anything. Don't drive the Cobra for a week or two. Then drive it. Still feel the same way?

I parked mine for a week and drove my expedition. After only 5 days I drove my car and felt like I was driving a rocket ship!

Best advice ever :beer:

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

testorossa1989

Established Member
Dont sell it, I got that feeling too me of all people and decided im buying an exotic next that i can just weekend and not worry about. Probably a maserati or something but i know i will regret even thinking about selling mine

Users who are viewing this thread