Ghost Cam Idle Tune - 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V - Bama Custom Tuning Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
I know this is a fairly new product but are there any issues with getting a CEL, any issues when at idle or at a stop, drivability? Thanks.

Not to be "that" guy, but if you'll spend a little time looking, all of this information is out there. It seems like there's at least three or four threads going on each forum.

This tune will affect slow speed drive-ability (even more negatively on an auto with stock converter). This tune emulates an engine with aggressive cam profiles, in turn, your car will act like it's got aggressive cams.

This tune will affect miles per gallon. In my data logging and research I saw a 3MPG decrease with this tune.

Several people have seen CEL from this tune, there are some CEL's that are erroneous or bogus and simply need to be cleared while others are still being researched. I saw two different "lean" codes that Jon Lund is researching. Another user received misfire codes that were bogus and simply needed to be cleared.

Jason

Last edited:

AMChrisRose

Hey Guys,

SCT's software is currently missing crucial parameters that we need to keep cars from stalling or having idle issues. You'll notice that 99% of the dealers who sell SCT tunes aren't selling this idle option yet. We haven't been able to work on it in weeks.

When we originally started this thread, the ETA was going to be about a week. We got a week into it, completed everything we could and realized SCT is missing parameters that we need added to the database. We've been at a stand-still since then (as well as all the other SCT dealers out there).

I hope you nobody based their entire reasoning for purchasing a custom tuner around a novelty tune that makes your car sound like it has a cam. However, we're not here to trick people into buying our products. If you purchased your tuner specifically waiting for the ghost cam file (date purchased after this thread was started) and want to return it because it hasn't come out yet, call us up and we'll set up a return for it. Otherwise, you can enjoy your tunes and wait until this is released down the road, if/when SCT gets ahold of the necessary parameters.

Hope this helps!

Chris

Last edited:

SicShelby09

Banned
Call John Lund. He seems to have what you don't. He's been selling the can tune for a while for the manual.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
He may possibly be missing some of those same parameters that Chris is talking about.

I'm sure they'll become available eventually.

jbur074

Established Member
This has been covered, save the drama for your mama and slither your cobra to your own forum... haters gonna hate but a car that uses an intake, tune, gear and tire netting 11's with cam sound isnt fake... if it sounds mean and moves out mean... well it must be mean then... also the cams are factory and if they can sound like that how is it fake....

ownt! haha. if you want a sleeper, dont buy a car with 400hp from the factory, buy an old POS car with 4 doors and throw something nasty in it.

jbur074

Established Member
so how badly does the cam tune effect gas milage? by like 1mpg or a significant change like 3-5mpgs?

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I liked one of the comments on that youtube video..

"Since you can make stock cams sound like MONSTER cams, could you get some huge cams and make them sound stock?"

Would that be possible? :D

2011GT5.0

Established Member
90 percent of the guys that bought the Lund tune have had no problems with it. I have a feeling it's not SCT that is having problems. Lund is sending their tunes out on SCT tuners. Chris also said "if/when SCT.......". I would say more IF and not when. Dont hold your breath for it.

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
So instead of being mysterious and blaiming it on SCT please elaborate on what the problem is. I have Lunds tune through SCT and have no drivability issues at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread