Ginsu has a new toy in the garage

Ginsu

Established Member
I just brought her home today, 2003 Yamaha R6. So much fun, yes, yes! I am still getting used to a motorcycle once again because it has been years since I last rode but it is hard to resist the temptation to crack the throttle and go like a bat out of hell. Soon as I down load some pics I will make them available.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Bad PoPo :p

Congrats, never been one for crotchrockets though :thumbsup:

00 YEAH

F-Body Freak!
Established Member
shweet! what color did you get? red, blue, or liquid silver?

my b/f's 900RR was totaled last night...some dude hopped on it and took off -- the bike was being kept at a friend's personal shop and the friend's friend decided he wanted a quick ride. his quick ride cost him a couple of broken bones, and a bike flipped end-over-end.

Ginsu

Established Member
Here are some pics of what mine looks like from the Yamaha website:

03r6_blu_1.jpg

03r6_blu_2.jpg

07k_blu_a22_102.jpg

00 YEAH

F-Body Freak!
Established Member
what are those things weighing now? i know back in 2000-01, they weighed 385lb. lost any more weight? and the blue kicks ass...i thikn it looks better than the red and the silver.

StangD281

Established Member
BADAZZ bikes gentleman.

I personally love the R6, as my friend just ordered one.

Rob - Smooth choice...good luck!

The V-Max isn't too shabby either, Adam!

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Thanks Dan, here is a better pic

03vmax_a02_24.jpg

That R6 is a killer machine for only being a 600 cc bike:thumbsup:

MattNCSU

Who sharted?
Established Member
Damn those Yama R6's are phat!
I wish I knew how to ride one of those things. Till then I've got the next best thing, a Yamaha waverunner. :)
Be careful on it, I hear alot of sad stories about people getting f'd up.

Ginsu

Established Member
NotMyBFs91Z, thanks! And as you can see from the pics the color choice. A couple weeks ago there was (as the sales man said) limited edition that was all black with dark but bright red graphics on the floor, it looked shweet. From my manual the wet weight is in the very low 400's.

ChickOnNoS, LOL maybe! I went ahead and got a good synthetic armored jacket that was very multi purpose. Meaning it was water proof and had alot of vent openings and also a liner for cold weather. Also a good set of gloves. Now all I need are some pants.

Hunter, MSRP is in the low to mid 8 G's. I got mine out the door for 8,300.

FordSVTFan, thanks brother! Hopefully in a couple years I can add a cruizer to my collection :)

Thanks everyone for the thumbs up! :) :) :) . I think I made a good choice. For the last year I have been researching the 600's and was almost convinced on a CBR. But the rumors of the '03 R6 (late 2002) made me take a second look. So far I love the bike! Just need more saddle time :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread