GM Employees caught street racing C8 Vettes

T.Man

Established Member
Plus’s the all mighty mid engine layout and 14 plus years of new tech. Surely the new n/a vette would beat the old one?
No all they’ve have done is created greater traction. That sucks!
You're grasping at straws if your only argument is that it's not a world beater in the 1/4. It literally out performs every previous base model Vette and is still extremely competitive with cars costing 1.5-2x more? Take the blinders off and quit being a fanboy.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
You're grasping at straws if your only argument is that it's not a world beater in the 1/4. It literally out performs every previous base model Vette and is still extremely competitive with cars costing 1.5-2x more? Take the blinders off and quit being a fanboy.
Fanboy to who?
I simply stated the c8 is a disappointment for being the end all beat all mid engine car everyone was hyping.
Test drivers are complaining of understeer and 1/4 performance is the same, actually slower when comparing trap, as the 500hp n/a vette 14 years ago or the local $65k Dodge Charger. Damn that must hurt.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Fanboy to who?
I simply stated the c8 is a disappointment for being the end all beat all mid engine car everyone was hyping.
Test drivers are complaining of understeer and 1/4 performance is the same, actually slower when comparing trap, as the 500hp n/a vette 14 years ago or the local $65k Dodge Charger. Damn that must hurt.
I’m curious, don’t you drive a ****ing Focus or some shit?

Coiled03

Established Member

Why is this ricer logic tolerated with Vette's but nothing else?

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Fanboy to who?

Stop being such a Ford homer....again

The same C6Z times that you yourself on here called magical, unrepeatable, ultra hero run under absolutely better than perfect conditions for years is now, is being compared to Motor Trend’s parking lot test lol. Too funny.

The feedback from testers has been overwhelmingly positive. Ever the people who mentioned some oversteer when being pushed 10/10 said it was a ridiculously good car. You pick out bits and pieces and present it as absolute.

The head engineer for the C8 was more than forthcoming regarding some perceived understeer when at the limit, and said that only 5% of base C8 are tracked, leaving the other 95% to live a street driven life. They intentionally dialed in some understeer, which is good for the masses. Just wait until the hipo models drop. I can’t wait to hear your excuses then.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Awesome: GM homer’s as you call them said the base c8 would out run the c7z06. Based on this I still call them overhyped!

For the record Ford is trash right now besides the raptor and 250’s.

T.Man

Established Member
Why is this ricer logic tolerated with Vette's but nothing else?

This is something the Vette has always done (Maybe not so much the late model C3's....). It competes at a level way above it's price range. How do you associate ricer logic with the cost versus the level of performance a vehicle offers? This isn't a "fox body and 10K will decimate all" argument. This is strictly a bang for your buck argument and the Vette does it well.

IMO - Ricer logic is HP/L and believing it has any relevance when comparing performance offerings.

Users who are viewing this thread