GM vs FORD at State Capitol

WhippleBlowJob

PUUUUURGE!!!
Established Member
There is going to be a Shootout GM vs Ford at State Capitol on (most likely) Oct 14th. We need some more fast Fords to represent. There are already a shitload of LS1s coming from Lafayette and they like to talk a lot of shit. So clear your callendars and get out there so we can lay the smack down....STREET CARS ONLY WILL COUNT. NO RACE CARS...i.e. inspection stick and plate....no race gas....if you want to run race gas it must be a mix with 93. Those are the rules set by the event organizers. So bring it out and lets show these guys what the Ford guys have to offer...:rockon:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I'll have to check the calender and make sure it's not the same weekend as Ford vs Chevy in Gulfport. Just checked that weekend for Ford/Chevy is 20th-21st so count me in. Anyone interested in going the next week to f/c?

Last edited:

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
Damn it! Now the pressure is really on! I really want to go to this and run in it. I'm still trying to figure out what I need to do to my fuel system, but after that I am golden. Anybody want to help?

I saw some cars headed in that direction this past either Friday or Saturday. I saw an LS1 Firebird with fat rears and skinnies, another obviuosly modded LS1 FIrebird, a LS1 Camaro with skinnies and fat rears on a flatbed and a notch Fox body with 03 Cobra rims on a flatbed, ALL heading West on I-12, so I am assuning they were going to State Capitol.

I shouldn't have any problems getting it done in 2 1/2 months. It should be in the 550-600 rwhp range. At 33xx lbs, it should be worth showing up with. I'm most likely going to have 4.10s in it by then as well.

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
i will be there,

now guys don't get it twisted this is not an "organized" event, it is being held at a TNT day at state capitol to settle some differences for us here in lafayette,state capitol knows nothing of it unless someone told them but i doubt it, so we decided to have a "street car" run what ya brung grudge racing, and see who comes out on top, here in lafayette we have an ongoing "list" of our times, and i and some others are looking to move up the ladder, some no excuses, no bullshit, get your shit together and bring it,with a totally new suspension set-up (low 1.6-.7 60's), new tune for over 700rwhp, or i might change pulleys and go for 800, i know i will!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
WhippleBlowJob said:
....STREET CARS ONLY WILL COUNT. NO RACE CARS...i.e. inspection stick and plate....no race gas....:
Well I guess I'll be watching unless I take the wifes car.
In either case I'll be in a chevy.:bash:

Pure03Venom

Imma Ho...
Established Member
I'm figuring on being there. A buddy of mine is planning to be there with his 06 GT with 150 shot as well...specially after running 11.7 with it at that hot summer night deal recently.

quik6

SVT powered at last
Established Member
I'll try and make it out there but only to watch. Cobra's and WS6's. My two favorite cars. God, I miss my dad's old sunset orange WS6. One day, I'll have a car to run with you guys.

Erik

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
Waiting to get fuel rails, rebuilt diff, possibly lines, SCT meter, FPR, and MAYBE a sumped tank. SHOULD be done by the end of this month, but no later than the end of September. I'm going to put the 4.10s in it depending on what it puts down to the wheels. 500-550, 4.10s, 550-600, may be sticking with the 3.73s.

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
I like the pump gas idea as I it seems like it is more of a DD streetcar race this way. I'm sure you can drive cars that run on race gas on the street all day, but I doubt anyone is using something that runs on 112 octane to work and back.

Users who are viewing this thread