Going Big turbo...

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
So I'd say the Tial is definitely doing it job, according to the logs I'm holding a full pound more of boost compaired to previous pulls with the stock bpv.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
Here is a 3rd gear pull hitting 22lbs of boost and flowing 35-36lbs/hr airflow.

[youtube_browser]06kiKxuGjlI[/youtube_browser]

vDyno attached from 3rd gear datalogs.
gtx 1st pulls.JPG

TRBO VNM

When are you getting it on a real dyno? Not sure I like those a/f numbers, especially with these cars. I would like 11.5.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
When are you getting it on a real dyno? Not sure I like those a/f numbers, especially with these cars. I would like 11.5.

Actually with direct injection you can run them more lean than cars that spray fuel into the manifold. The AFR isn't bad at all. It will go on a dyno once the street tuning is complete.

I do not know any DI tuners in Atlanta area that have dealt with these platforms heavily. Once the e-tuning is complete on the street, I'll see how much power I'm making. vDyno is very accurate for these cars if you have smooth, flat road to make pulls on. The red line is most accurate as the blue line pull was made on an incline. I should have noted that but I doubt people on this forum fool with vDyno much anyway.

TRBO VNM

Actually with direct injection you can run them more lean than cars that spray fuel into the manifold. The AFR isn't bad at all. It will go on a dyno once the street tuning is complete.

I do not know any DI tuners in Atlanta area that have dealt with these platforms heavily. Once the e-tuning is complete on the street, I'll see how much power I'm making. vDyno is very accurate for these cars if you have smooth, flat road to make pulls on. The red line is most accurate as the blue line pull was made on an incline. I should have noted that but I doubt people on this forum fool with vDyno much anyway.

Yeah I know, just rather a little safer myself.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
Sorry guys for no updates. Just been working on some odds and ends trying to get the car ready for dyno. Well that day has come so here is the chart and vid. I'm happy with it. Going to get a 100 octane tune soon.

[video=youtube;QuChUMLB1fs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuChUMLB1fs[/video]

Focus ST GTX dyno by stainlineho1, on Flickr

Users who are viewing this thread