Going Magnum... anyone have advice

holmgren

Established Member
Recently had the T-56 Magnum + new Driveshaft + Fidanza Flywheel + McLeod dual disc installed in my 03 Cobra and now getting a relatively loud harmonic vibration between 1500 and 2000 RPMs in 2,3,4, etc. Once you hit 2000 it goes completely away. No tactile vibration at all just an accelerating rattle. Anybody have any suggestions. Thanks.

CompO_Eric

Arch Enemy of the Prius
Established Member
Recently had the T-56 Magnum + new Driveshaft + Fidanza Flywheel + McLeod dual disc installed in my 03 Cobra and now getting a relatively loud harmonic vibration between 1500 and 2000 RPMs in 2,3,4, etc. Once you hit 2000 it goes completely away. No tactile vibration at all just an accelerating rattle. Anybody have any suggestions. Thanks.

does it sound like gear noise? which gear set? 2.66 or 2.97?

TRQJUNKIE

Justa Slobra
Established Member
OK so I got the Magnum in and installed today! Install is fairly simple but did it by myself... sucker is very heavy. I did trim those three ears off on the one side as the stock T56 were too. I also trimmed and massaged the shifter hole from underneath to gain clearance for the shifter mount. All went well and I should have it on the road for a text drive hopefully sometime next month. I'm still running a Spec 3+ until it burns up but the stock magnum pivot ball looks like its going to work perfect with it.

Big thanks goes out to Steve at Tasca for the price break and the great customer service as always! Another big thanks goes out to Dave (notsoslowbowtie) and to Tim (Timspony). Thanks for doing all the foot work Dave and thanks for the guidance Tim!

Users who are viewing this thread