Going Snowboarding for the first time (Breckenridge, CO)

Rotzs99

Established Member
]sVt[Po|son;12708920 said:
I will do my best to checkout Erics pizza and Giampietros pizza and the Coors brewery tour sounds legit, too.

Thanks for all the feedback :beer:

I was seriously not planning on using a helmet 'til now :lol1:

If you like microbrews, there are 3 or 4 in Golden as well.

I'm loling (hope you like pizza), but Woody's Pizza in Golden is a good stop before or after the Coors tour. They have a pizza buffet and their beer cheese soup is really good.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
DO NOT try to tuck and go fast until you have mastered turning and board control....ask me how I know. You will eat snow, and not in a cone. :bash:

Black0ut

Established Member
DO NOT try to tuck and go fast until you have mastered turning and board control....ask me how I know. You will eat snow, and not in a cone. :bash:

THIS

speed and commitment as stated is key but ALWAYS STAY ON AN EDGE. If you flat board and bomb it you will experience pain.

Layingrubber

Established Member
i was there in november two years ago.. beautiful beautiful city.. just make sure to go along the strip and visit all the bars. and of course shred down the slopes.. cant think of any specific places to go

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
THIS

speed and commitment as stated is key but ALWAYS STAY ON AN EDGE. If you flat board and bomb it you will experience pain.

Yeah, flat board on a ungroomed run first thing in the morning doesn't work. I would've made a great video clip for Rob Dyrdek's Ridiculousness. :lol1:

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I have nothing to add about snowboarding as I ski but Breckinridge is awesome. You'll love it there. Ok I do have one thing to add, have a beer or two first to calm your nerves.

KurtDog

Established Member
As far as snow boarding goes, get in shape. If your out of shape in high elevation, you're gonna have a bad time.

As for Colorado, no clue.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Lucky. I love the Granby area. Winterpark is also neat with that Alpine slide in the summer time.

that slide is badass, kinda dangerous though. im surprised they havent added safety rails or something to contain you.

oh and granby is beautiful, unless some crazy mofo tries to run over everything in a concrete encased bulldozer....:banana:(search "killdozer" on youtube)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
stop off in golden and go to the coors brewery. tours on wed and saturdays. its off rt 70on your way out to breckenridge.

i own a condo in the granby area(granby ranch) and we normally ski at sol vista basin and winter park which is about an hour from breckenridge.
breckenridge is beautiful, your gonna have a blast. remember, dont catch an edge.

My wife and I went to Breckenridge a few years ago. It is definitely beautiful. I remember about midnight one night we went outside and you swear you could touch the stars and moon. No city lights. Something I'll never forget. We loved the town, too. Just a really nice place to visit.

Users who are viewing this thread