going to be moving down to tampa late feb to early march..

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I'm moving down there in May. Can't wait to meet you and the Stang Gang.
One of my friends from up here in Maine moved down last year and hangs with them at sonic, from what i hear i'm gonna love it

FEARNO1

Established Member
hpbyhermann said:
Can't wait to meet you guys in person!! The stang gang meet at sonic was awesome and I met some really nice stangers....can't wait to be in tampa and get the new shop all setup!! See everyone soon! hermann :beer:

It was nice to met and talk to you that night Hermann..I had the Black '03 Cobra there that night w/ the Steggy port.. We talked about you street tuning my Cobras. So are you about ready to head down here?

Fred

FEARNO1

Established Member
Double"O" said:
I'm moving down there in May. Can't wait to meet you and the Stang Gang.
One of my friends from up here in Maine moved down last year and hangs with them at sonic, from what i hear i'm gonna love it

Yes you will....Are you still coming down in may? I hear there might be a track rental in may.... :-D

hpbyhermann

Established Member
Edgewater Maryland, New shop in Beltsville Marylan
more than ready fred!!!!

FEARNO1 said:
It was nice to met and talk to you that night Hermann..I had the Black '03 Cobra there that night w/ the Steggy port.. We talked about you street tuning my Cobras. So are you about ready to head down here?

Fred
I'm coming down this friday to put a contract on a house, i will have the shop stuff moved down withing a month to month and a half!!!!!! :rockon: ready to tune that car?? :beer:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
FEARNO1 said:
Yes you will....Are you still coming down in may? I hear there might be a track rental in may.... :-D

sure am brutha. I graduate on may 5th. Tina and i will be in town for about a week on the 7th. Then it's back to Maine for 2 weeks and then i'll be down for good on say the 28th or 29th. If all works well i'll be there earlier depending on how long it takes to find a place and finalize the paperwork for it. Speaking of which is it ok if i get your number from dan and give you a call i have a few questions to ask ya and a favor to beg

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
hpbyhermann said:
I'm coming down this friday to put a contract on a house, i will have the shop stuff moved down withing a month to month and a half!!!!!! :rockon: ready to tune that car?? :beer:

Where will your shop be? I live in Hillsborough County southeast of Tampa.

FEARNO1

Established Member
Double"O" said:
Speaking of which is it ok if i get your number from dan and give you a call i have a few questions to ask ya and a favor to beg

Yep you can get it from Dan and give me a call.........

lasercobra

No SVT
Established Member
You're going to love it here--- aside from the traffic and outrageous real-estate cost.

BTW- lots of fast cars down here. You should fit right in.

Hope to see you out one night.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
lasercobra said:
You're going to love it here--- aside from the traffic and outrageous real-estate cost.

BTW- lots of fast cars down here. You should fit right in.

Hope to see you out one night.

You are too funny. I guess everything is relative because coming from the Northeast, I can tell you there is NO traffic here except around the I4-275 interchange.

And real estate is still a bargain here!!! Although it has gone up dramatically in the last three years.

FlTireGuy

Established Member
I agree with you FordSVT... Traffic, what traffic? I-4/275 really even isnt that bad, on a bad day, compared to other cities. NOTHING in the state of Florida, Orlando included can even hold a candle to that DC/NoVa crap, or the I-80 morning traffic eastbound from exit 25 or so....!

RE? Still a great deal by standards, plus, even if you pay a little more, the lack of income tax makes up for that fast!

lasercobra

No SVT
Established Member
Well, I work in between the airport and downtown so there is no such thing as a bargain house or light traffic. Takes me 45 minutes to go 11 miles to work (no wrecks) and any house near my work goes from 250,000 (1,100 sqft crack house) to 1,000,000+. The stuff I can afford is literally a HUD home or an hour+ drive to work. I'm originally from Memphis, TN (been in Tampa close to 2 years) so my perspective is a little off I'm sure.
Read all the reports and such about real-estate down here and they all say it's out of control. Any time home value increases 4% A MONTH and the appraisers can't keep up- something has got to give. Not everyone is a doctor, lawyer, executive, etc.
It's a sore subject for me because I'm not a business owner, I don't have a wealthy family, and I'm still in my twenties (haven't had time to save a nest egg). I came down here for more money but left my 4 bedroom, 2 car garage, corner lot home, and family just to end up in a town house. I'm moven' on up next week. Getting a f-ing rental house. :rollseyes
Like I said-- a sort subject. Feel like I worked my ass off for the last 7 years to take a step backwards.

Sorry to crap all over this thread.

/rant

Last edited:

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
lasercobra said:
Well, I work in between the airport and downtown so there is no such thing as a bargain house or light traffic. Takes me 45 minutes to go 11 miles to work (no wrecks) and any house near my work goes from 250,000 (1,100 sqft crack house) to 1,000,000+. The stuff I can afford is literally a HUD home or an hour+ drive to work. I'm originally from Memphis, TN (been in Tampa close to 2 years) so my perspective is a little off I'm sure.
Read all the reports and such about real-estate down here and they all say it's out of control. Any time home value increases 4% A MONTH and the appraisers can't keep up- something has got to give. Not everyone is a doctor, lawyer, executive, etc.
It's a sore subject for me because I'm not a business owner, I don't have a wealthy family, and I'm still in my twenties (haven't had time to save a nest egg). I came down here for more money but left my 4 bedroom, 2 car garage, corner lot home, and family just to end up in a town house. I'm moven' on up next week. Getting a f-ing rental house. :rollseyes
Like I said-- a sort subject. Feel like I worked my ass off for the last 7 years to take a step backwards.

Sorry to crap all over this thread.

/rant

lasercobra,

Don't feel like your in this alone....it suck! House prices around here have also gone through the roof....3/2 1000 SQFT house for 300+ :cuss: And its funny....you can't find a AVA house anywhere.....where in the hell do all these people work that all these houses are sold out????

lasercobra

No SVT
Established Member
stangd1909 said:
lasercobra,

Don't feel like your in this alone....it suck! House prices around here have also gone through the roof....3/2 1000 SQFT house for 300+ :cuss: And its funny....you can't find a AVA house anywhere.....where in the hell do all these people work that all these houses are sold out????

Same thing my wife and I wonder. Mortgage people must be getting really creative or something. :bash:

Again, sorry for crapping on the thread. One great thing about FL is I think it got up to 80 degrees in Tampa today. I'm sure it was the same further down south. :beer:

FlTireGuy

Established Member
spdfrkFL said:
You"ll love it! The tracks never shut down for snow LOL!

Yeah.. Welcome to Fl.. another benefit of the weather is that FLDOT can make your life a living hell with construction 12 months out of the year instead of 9..LOL
:D

When I bought my 1875 s.f. home in New Tampa in 9/04, I really didnt want to spend as much as I did... which was $187500.. I was looking more in the $165ish range... Now, in retrospect, 18 months down the road, and $112000 in equity gain later.. I think about what good deal it was at that point.. (especially after my 2 neighbors sold in the past few months.. same size homes... $295-299k)

Users who are viewing this thread