going to fill in the Eaton silencer holes this weekend....

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
from Harley boards...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9U5EBmB3dI"]YouTube - Part 6 pulling supercharger on a 2002 Harley F150 5.4l[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbwZlKmGrT4"]YouTube - Part 7 pulling the supercharger on a 2002 Harley F150 5.4L[/ame]

Last edited:

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
I got started
here's my pathetic before video. Was only concerned about the sound anyway. And my Stang is throwing 4 codes and bogs at higer rpm's so yeah I know it's running like crap but ya prob can't tell anyway.....damn conversion project. Started pulling the blower off earlier but only got the belt and some vaccum lines off b/c the shit was hot duh...my motor is bone stock but the car does have a Mac catback and 373 gears :)

th_100_0674.jpg

th_100_0675.jpg

Last edited:

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
I got most of the work done but didn't realize going in that I would have to get new bolts that hold the intercooler to the bottom of the Eaton so I'm waiting on 10 $6.00 OEM bolts before I can put it all back together. I'll put up my progress pics.....I sure ended up taking more apart than I thought I was going to just to do this. The Eaton on my F150 was more simple.

68_GT

Terminated '98
Established Member
I tried doing this w/o pulling the rotor pack but ended up doing it anyway. I needed to sand the JB Weld on the inside a little after checking the rotor clearance.

TqMnster

Established Member
I'm pretty interested in this. What all needs replace when pulling the blower and do this. Gaskets, bolts, etc....

black 10th vert

Established Member
Any updates on this? Great idea using JB Weld for the experiment! No chance of warping the case by welding, and even in the unlikely event it gets in the rotors, it will just grind up anyway since it's plastic/epoxy. I wonder how the airflow volume is affected? If they are truly just for noise standards, then this may be a another cheap and easy way to make the Eaton powered cars run and sound better!

Users who are viewing this thread