Going to order tomorrow!!

MysticChromeSVT

Established Member
So I've decided that this whole not modding the car and keeping it as a collector car is not for me. My 1,600 mile mystic will still only be driven on nice days, but I'm definitely going to be putting 1-3k miles a year on it, so I'm going to have some minor fun with the cobra. I've posted before that I'm waiting on my SSR GT03 rims to come in which I will be wrapping with Micheline Pilot Sports(275\35\18 and 295\35\18). I plan on ordering all this from lethal tomorrow!

Brembo drilled rotors front and rear with new OEM pads. (factory rotors dont do it for me, and I need some show behind the new rims coming)
Accufab single blade throttle body and inlet
JLT NEXTGEN Ram Air intake
Bassani X with cats (Currently have borla stingers)
Billet flow 2.93 pulley (Black Anodized)
Billetflow snub idler bracket and 100mm pulley
Steeda Sport Springs ( They are pricey, but they have the least drop of about an inch and I dont want to have to run spacers or worry about any tire fitment issues)

Lastly I need advice on a tuner to buy, and a good place in NY to have the car Dyno tuned! This car will never be beaten on or raced and is strictly for nice day enjoyment, so I'm not worried about really beefing up the suspension or IRS.

What do you guys think????

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
TT w/ rocket fuel.... Tub the rear end, 27 point roll cage, and a parachute!
Nah... I get rims, and a Whipple
Where in NY are you, I'm just outside of Utica, same car, hope to see you out this year!

Last edited:

04MysticCobra

Established Member
I say you leave it stock like I sold it to you.....lol. Just kidding with you Chris. Glad you are enjoying the car. I came close to buying another Mystichrome last week. Just missed the one on Ebay with 16 miles. As much as I want to buy a new Boss or GT500 I like the 03/04 Cobras and might buy another one.
Good Luck with the ride. She is a beauty....:beer:

frank5o

Bleed Ford Blue
Established Member
OEM pads? Those things create some serious dust man. Go hawk pads if your going to replace the brakes.

jrd699

All men not created equal
Established Member
What part of NY??....I go to Pete at Performance Dyno in Loudon, NH!!!! Worth the 170 trip from my house!

Hijacking in progress! Tim, you ever hear anything good about Adam, @ pops racing? I'm trying to get 2 other guys to get a block of dyno time together. He seems like a decent guy, he's out of Rochester

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Hijacking in progress! Tim, you ever hear anything good about Adam, @ pops racing? I'm trying to get 2 other guys to get a block of dyno time together. He seems like a decent guy, he's out of Rochester
No I haven't :shrug: .... I still think Pete would be worth the extra miles for you!! :beer: ...Just tell I sent you!

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
List looks pretty good! I'd personally do some good idler pullies over the accufab tb as you won't gain much hp on a pullied only eaton. I have the H&R race springs and it only lowered my car about an inch or so and I have zero problems with rubbing on 305/35/18's.

MysticChromeSVT

Established Member
Im in Hartsdale NY. Any local meets or shows coming up this year in the Northeast? I'll have the check out that place in NH and possible trailer the car there. Im sorry steve, I searched so long to find a virgin terminator and now Im doing what I swore to you and my fiance that I would never do. I dont plan on ever selling it so the value depreciating from the miles and mods i'll have to live with. If you get back into another cobra we should meet up for a photo shoot. The reason for this is because of that 16 mile mystic haha. I realized there will always be a nicer one with lower miles out there.

Last edited:

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
Im in Hartsdale NY. Any local meets or shows coming up this year in the Northeast? I'll have the check out that place in NH and possible trailer the car there. Im sorry steve, I searched so long to find a virgin terminator and now Im doing what I swore to you and my fiance that I would never do. I dont plan on ever selling it so the value depreciating from the miles and mods i'll have to live with. If you get back into another cobra we should meet up for a photo shoot. The reason for this is because of that 16 mile mystic haha. I realized there will always be a nicer one with lower miles out there.
Where's Hartsdale? ... lots going on in the Saratoga / Albany area!! Plenty of Cobra's also! :)

ugotbit03

4.6 ways to waste money
Established Member
No I haven't :shrug: .... I still think Pete would be worth the extra miles for you!! :beer: ...Just tell I sent you!

Adam writes strategy/calibration files and PCM code for other tuning software/companies.

No reason to make that drive(John) when someone closer to you is totally capable.

OP- There are plenty of good tuning shops your way, personally I would recommend Kevin @ Wicked/Sansone in Ocean NJ.

Get an IRS brace. The cover will start to leak in a week after you add power. It's only $150

Last edited:

dom418

Established Member
I think you will get much more enjoyment out of the car by making it yours, there will always be a car out there with lower miles and nothing in life is guaranteed so enjoy what you have. I think you have the right mindset man, good luck and happy modding.

shb5007

Established Member
Accufab single blade throttle body and inlet
I would wait on a TB and inlet, or if you can't wait...then get a Dragon.

JLT NEXTGEN Ram Air intake
Nice!

Bassani X with cats (Currently have borla stingers)
Nice!

Billet flow 2.93 pulley (Black Anodized)
Nice!

Billetflow snub idler bracket and 100mm pulley
I would look into dual bearing Metco idlers...

Steeda Sport Springs
I would look into H&R Race springs...

I would also think about adding an IRS brace and FLSFC's.

Users who are viewing this thread