Going to reconstruct engine what do you recommend?

SVT BLACKOUT

THE BATRUCK
Established Member
Cyl 1 misfiring

What parts should you recommend im thinking of getting a cam also i got 6 pulley but still got stock in garage and ported blower

Where do you recommend me getting from

Pistons forsure taking the heads to the machine shop also

slick4_6

Established Member
You might have a bad coil. I wouldn't go straight to tearing down the engine unless you had low compression on a cylinder.

Last edited:

fruhdaddy

Established Member
yea you might have a bad coil. or damaged plug, check those first. but if you want a new shortblock then give Manny at MHP a call

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Start simple. Read the FAQ page if you have not already so you'll know what parts you'd need.

Remove the #1 cylinder COP and or plug and replace if needed. Reset the code and see if it comes back. Judging by your avatar, your truck sees some hard use.

SVT BLACKOUT

THE BATRUCK
Established Member
Low compression:cryying:

and no code and i got the truck at 203,xxx miles reconstruced at the 120 as I was told so my truck aint a virgen plus I was losing oil and im running #6 pulley ported eaton and lets add im 18 :lol::lol:

Buckachow

KACHOW
Established Member
Low compression:cryying:

and no code and i got the truck at 203,xxx miles reconstruced at the 120 as I was told so my truck aint a virgen plus I was losing oil and im running #6 pulley ported eaton and lets add im 18 :lol::lol:

What brand of rods are in it?

If you have another vehicle come out to the temecula meet and talk with the guys there. Many of us have been through engine builds and can tell you what works and what doesnt.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Give us a call, we can do you a great deal on the parts needed to rebuild it. We would say a set ff Manley Pistons, Total seal rings and a set of H beam rods with ARP bolts would be a good idea, we keep EVERYTHING in stock and are happy to help with any other questions you may have!

MMR
Modular Mustang Racing

SVT BLACKOUT

THE BATRUCK
Established Member
Losing alot of oil so i put an oil seperator but turns out its my piston rings So if i put manley forged piston kit how will my truck run with stock cam will i need to retune?

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
If we swap the pistons and keep the same compression a retune will not be needed.

MMR

1-877-MOD-POWR

or

805 383 4130

MMR%20Opener.jpg

Last edited:

Dusten

Established Member
no, compression isnt based on material its based on the dish or dome of piston. I have upgraded pistons with the stock size dish. But I went to different heads so my compression is higher

fruhdaddy

Established Member
So is there no point in getting manley pistons? With stock block and ported heads?

Only have ported sc and 6lb

what are your goals with your truck? Rods fail first, pistons are pretty strong (not manley strony) and will get you to 550rwhp with a good tune.

SVT BLACKOUT

THE BATRUCK
Established Member
Forged Upgrade Kit

Good for 800hp

*New Manley Forged Pistons 18cc

*New 4340 M.H.P. 6.658 Rods

*New Total Seal Moly Piston Rings *

*New Main and Rod Bearings

$1149.99

*I was looking at this From where you recommended me how will this be with my current tune until I can save up to tune it wanted stage 3 cams but to much$$

Users who are viewing this thread