Going to run an LS1 RX7

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member
yeah i wouldn't even mess with taking pounds off the car. you'll win and at the end of the day you're still parking a car with a higher blue book in the garage ;)

Are you ****ing stupid? Rx7's have kept their value more than most any other vehicle especially any new mustangs. A decent conditioned 93 go for 13-15k. I've seen good condition LSx swapped rx7's sell for around 30.

Also you dont see rx7's everyday like you do mustangs, so the other guy can go home feeling happy about that.

Last edited:

eightballrj

Established Member
Are you ****ing stupid? Rx7's have kept their value more than most any other vehicle especially any new mustangs. A decent conditioned 93 go for 13-15k. I've seen good condition LSx swapped rx7's sell for around 30.

Also you dont see rx7's everyday like you do mustangs, so the other guy can go home feeling happy about that.

Kept their value better than anything but Supra's... Can't find a low mileage turbo MKIV for less than 25-30!

Sammyboy

Established Member
I'd say it would be close.......power to weight ratio....just do a little math and consider gearing...and you'll be fine

Klay

Established Member

Umm, I don't mean to hijack this thread but are you serious? There are quite a few mustangs that are still worth well above 15k. 03-04 cobras, 00 cobra R, 05+ mustang gt. I'm sure 93 cobras still go for quite a bit as well if you are referring to cars of that era. Or 95 cobra R's. There is a reason why you don't see many rx-7's, it is because not many people wanted them when they were new and they aren't known to be the most reliable vehicle. But if that is what you like than good for you but there is no reason to make it seem like it is way better than mustangs.

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member
Umm, I don't mean to hijack this thread but are you serious? There are quite a few mustangs that are still worth well above 15k. 03-04 cobras, 00 cobra R, 05+ mustang gt. I'm sure 93 cobras still go for quite a bit as well if you are referring to cars of that era. Or 95 cobra R's. There is a reason why you don't see many rx-7's, it is because not many people wanted them when they were new and they aren't known to be the most reliable vehicle. But if that is what you like than good for you but there is no reason to make it seem like it is way better than mustangs.

He's comparing blue book values of a car that is 10 years older. The guy's an idiot plan and simple. :shrug:

Haha and the fact that you think theres not many of them is because people didnt want them is absurd; please show some factual information for that. I know they arent that reliable thats why I bought a shell and i'm in the process of putting a cammed ls2 + 100 shot in mine. I'm a v8 guy... but also wanted something that could turn and I didnt see everyday.

Last edited:

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
Just run him and see what happens.

People always see cocky people for who they are; people that can't stand themselves so they over compensate. Besides at the end of the day, it's still a 90s Japanese econobox with a motor swap.

lol DOHC 04SVT,

Have any room in your front yard? I wouldn't mind driving up to watch this fun but dunno if I could do 6 hours there 6 hours back lol. I require nothing but some comfy grass!

Last edited:

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Haha and the fact that you think theres not many of them is because people didnt want them is absurd; please show some factual information for that.

Well common sense would say that if more people wanted them they would have made more. They call that Supply and Demand. Most car companies like to sell cars.

Last edited:

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member

People always see cocky people for who they are; people that can't stand themselves so they over compensate. Besides at the end of the day, it's still a 90s Japanese econobox with a motor swap.

It's not a civic. It's overall a much better car than any mustang i've been in, just needed a v8.

You have your opinions and I have mine, but saying it's an econobox makes you look like you have no clue what you're talking about.

slow94gt

Slow for now
Established Member
Hey Chris,
( Tim from PC )
I think you should do farely well against it, you might even take him off the juice. Remember before the nitrous, and the lower pulley when you beat Rons 375hp Civic Hatch, when they weigh quite a bit less than rx7s. So, I should if he's at 390-400 hp, its just a cam/bolt-on car, I think you should take him pretty easily. Just imagine what you did to SSTony, but with about 5-600 pounds less, I think because you beat Brent's 550+ hp vette, that weighs 3200 lbs, you should beat him fairly easy. The good race should come from you off the n2o, to tell you the truth. Race him from a dig, because you got the slicks, and the axles. =]

bugmenot

Established Member
Some of you guys crack me up. If you don't know anything about a car, just don't comment on it. A couple of you don't have a clue about the rx-7, so just don't talk about what you don't know. Its like euro guys talking bad about the american cars, half of them don't know, but they still talk bad.

rx-7 econo box... Didn't know econo boxes sold for 37k for the base model in 95... But hey, you drive a pos ford... :shrug:

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
^

Yes the fit and finish of the Ford is well... questionable, however, at least I don't have to gut my entire drivetrain to have a vehicle that isn't a total joke like all of you Jap nutswingers. The cost of someones car does not make their opinion anymore valid than anyone elses. Since style is all personal preference,I guess some of you just don't understand.....

Obviously the American market at the time disagreed with you bugmenot. People like you are the same ones that think a MKIV supra belongs at an exotic car show.

Oh wait, your from California, it all makes sense now.......

It's not a civic. It's overall a much better car than any mustang i've been in, just needed a v8.

You have your opinions and I have mine, but saying it's an econobox makes you look like you have no clue what you're talking about.

Right

So I can have my opinion and you can have yours, but when I say it looks like an econobox (according to my opinion) I don't know what I'm talking about.

Do you actually read and understand the things you post?:dw:

I in fact do think it looks like an econobox. That is my opinion. Until you become an expert on my opinion, you are the one that has no idea what you are talking about.

So like I said, it will be another old Japanese car that 95% of the world regards as " is it a honda or something?". It is no doubt fast, good for it. Sounds like the amazing RX7, with the American (lol) powerplant is doing well.

Last edited:

bugmenot

Established Member
Learn to appreciate cars, and I will take you seriously. Just because it is japanese doesn't mean it is slow, or a crap car. You can have your opinion that it doesn't look good. Thats fine, though it has the same general shape of a viper.

Never said a supra belongs with an exotic, it doesnt, nor does the rx-7. It doesn't need the swap to be a good car, its regarded as one of the best handling cars, and was one of the fastest of its time.

I did not bring up the cost of the car. Someone else brought up blue book value, I simply showed them they were incorrect.

Ignorance is bliss.

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
Learn to appreciate cars, and I will take you seriously. Just because it is japanese doesn't mean it is slow, or a crap car. You can have your opinion that it doesn't look good. Thats fine, though it has the same general shape of a viper.

Never said a supra belongs with an exotic, it doesnt, nor does the rx-7. It doesn't need the swap to be a good car, its regarded as one of the best handling cars, and was one of the fastest of its time.

I did not bring up the cost of the car. Someone else brought up blue book value, I simply showed them they were incorrect.

Ignorance is bliss.

What makes me sad, is I am usually the one speaking from your side of the fence.

I think in retrospect I may be taking my dislike of the cocky attitude of the driver, and taking it out on his car. If you ever come to Tampa you will understand, I don't know this particular one, but they are all alike.

"Hardass thugs" from upper middle class white neighborhoods.

However I still dislike the Rx7. The few I drove were underpowered, the fit and finish was VERY subpar for a vehicle of it's price range, and the wheelbase was too narrow imho.

Don't think I ignorantly hate it because it is Japanese, I have a respect for anything fast, however you don't have to like something to respect what it is capable of.

Although I would like to be noted, I never said it was a piece of crap, I simply said most women would just see it as another "is it a honda", as in I thought the style lacked anything drastic that made it really stand out. I should have been more specific.

I am more of an infinity/BMW/Mercedes kind of guy when talking foreign.

Last edited:

95snoozer

Established Member
Something to consider... as said, the rx7 will be around 2700. Is that 400 through a 6 speed? if so I wouldnt be surprised to see 125 tras on the motor.

Now, if he has an auto and a BIG stall and still puts down 400 at the wheels, that is a whole different ball game and the car could be Extremely scary from a stop.

Have your bottle well prepped and be wondering, how much of a shot does he have if he makes such claims on 9 second bikes... or has he just not run a 10 second bike, yet.

chrisweekspc

Established Member

lol DOHC 04SVT,

Have any room in your front yard? I wouldn't mind driving up to watch this fun but dunno if I could do 6 hours there 6 hours back lol. I require nothing but some comfy grass!

Bring her on up here. Suppose to be a large crowd, so anyone that can come, should. It'll be a good night, for sure.

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member
Right

So I can have my opinion and you can have yours, but when I say it looks like an econobox (according to my opinion) I don't know what I'm talking about.

Do you actually read and understand the things you post?:dw:

I in fact do think it looks like an econobox. That is my opinion. Until you become an expert on my opinion, you are the one that has no idea what you are talking about.

So like I said, it will be another old Japanese car that 95% of the world regards as " is it a honda or something?". It is no doubt fast, good for it. Sounds like the amazing RX7, with the American (lol) powerplant is doing well.

Umm.. there are good/logical opinions and then there are bad ones. If you said you just don't like it thats one thing, but when you say it's an econobox that's another. It looks very similar to a c5 vette; just smaller and a shitty power plant; so I guess that's an econobox as well.

I never argued about the drivetrain, i've bought mine ONLY to do a LSx swap. When it's done itll be an all around better car, 460rwhp n/a + 100 shot, in a 2800lb car sounds nice, along with the fact that it can turn a hell of a lot better as well; which is the main reason i sold the mustang instead of doing the TT swap I planned.

Oh, also about the girl comment seriously if that makes you sleep better at night good for you. Most girls like my audi much better than my mustang. The girls don't really care for mustangs save for a few. It's also pathetic that even factors in your mind... who worries about the car to get girls. I buy the car for myself to enjoy, I dont need status symbols to get anyone.

Last edited:

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
czwalga00gt, or anyone else. What kind of rear do you use to handle the extra power when you go with the LSx swap? Can the stock one take all the extra torque?

Users who are viewing this thread