golf advice

toslow5.0

Established Member
You can find multiple good sets on craigslist relatively cheap. Stick with Ping, titlelist , callaway , and taylor made. They are all great clubs.

toslow5.0

Established Member
starting out a good driver , maybe a 3 wood , then 3 iron through pw plus putter. So like 10 clubs total. If you like it then you can have thing like a 7 wood which is a fairway driver and get into expensive crap like $700 drivers and the cool new putters lol

Spade

Established Member
I paid $225 for a set with a bag. Just remember on thing slow back swing and an easy follow thru. Also dont lift your head. The hard you swing the worse it's going to be.

Spade

Established Member
This is the set I have. Not the best but they works. I've been told several time not to spend a boat load of money on clubs because it's not worth it if your just starting out. The set below I have for 3 years now and they work just fine. You can have $1500 clubs and if your form is off your going to play like sh!t. Yes expensive clubs may help, but not that much. Good luck!!!! You'll need it. LOL!

Top-Flite XL 15 pc Package Set - Dick's Sporting Goods

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Ping Eye 2's. They are a little old but they play great, are very forgiving, and you can pick a good used set up for around 200. I had a set for two or three years and loved them.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
If you are just starting out, does that mean you don't know how to play yet? Either buy a used set or go to Dicks and pick out something really cheap. I recently picked up a set of Tommy Armour irons for $300 at Dicks because I don't need a super expensive set of clubs. They let you try them out in a back room so you can see how you each set.

I can't imagine learning golf at this point. I took lessons starting when I was 8 and have played my whole life (23), but wouldn't want to start from scratch at this point. Get someone who knows their stuff to teach you or take a few lessons at a local range/course.

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
Spend time at a driving range w/ someone who knows how to play. It will help out in the long run for sure!

Golf is the easiest way to spend $50 a day, and still walk away pissed...

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
I would look for a set of garage sale clubs for the first set. You'll feel better after you bash the ground or throw your club into the nearest non-movable object.

Users who are viewing this thread