Gonna have a race on my hands **56k Warning**

IMPORTDESTROYER

Established Member
Gonna have a race on my hands

Just out of interest, what does the average to slightly modded SHO run. My buddy is lookin at buyin one, and I wanna be certain my bird can take him, before i start runnin my mouth. :p I've heard that the 95's are pretty quick, I guess we'll find out.

thanx
Luke

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Ah the age old question...TBird SC v Taurus SHO.

Stock v stock both cars turn about the same 1/4 time. Down low the SC will win hands down, from a roll the SHO will win hands down.

On handling I have to give it to the SC, nothing like that electronic suspension!!

BTW 89 SHOs are 'supposed' to be the fastest due to be the lightest, but 92 SHOs seem to be the quickest.

Also a quick history

Gen I SHO = 89-91 (ALL MTX)
Gen II SHO = 92-95 (ATX introduced in 93)
Gen III SHO = 96-99 ('fish' body style 3.4L V8 and all ATXs)

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Here is a short, maybe not so interesting story for you.

I bought my SHO new in 1989. No mods at the time. My buddy just got a new '90 Mustang GT 5-speed a few months later. We used to race from work all the time. He would be a little quicker out of the hole and I would be quicker once we started rolling.
One thing we did find out was whoever had the most gas in their tank was at a disadvantage. The cars were that close. Then he started moding and I had to bring my '66 out to spank him hard.

Like Ryan said, that '89 is a real sleeper!!

That my story, hope you enjoyed it. :thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

IMPORTDESTROYER

Established Member
Hmmm, thats quite interesting. Thanks for the info, I guess with my mods, I should be maybee a hair faster, but it looks like it'll come down to traction and more-so driver. I'll keep you guys posted.

Luke

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Originally posted by RTStabler51
Steve deleted all the attachments

Damn! But at least we have the site back!!!

I was like a crack addict pacing back and forth!!!!:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

91BLOWNSC

hmm..

Well stock for stock, you will win from a dead stop (assuming your car is in good running condition), and you would normally have less of a chance from a roll because of your massive weight. But seeing your mods, with your new cat-back system. His SHO should be even less of a problem with that done. That is a single most downfall of an SC. I have 3 friends of SHO forum, 1 with a 93 ATX, 1 with a 95 ATX, 1 had an 94 ATX and now has a 91 Plus MTX. We used to race many times. From a stop, I won vs the automatics (I had a stock 91 Auto), though they were at my back bumper, they could never make up the distance I put on them from the stop. However, I was in the 91 MTX when it beat a stock 91 SC. By about a 1/2 car length. I seen your post about you getting that 10% pulley. If that is on there, you don't have any worry, as long as your car is in good running condition, it won't matter what speed your going from. I know from experience!

Last edited:

IMPORTDESTROYER

Established Member
Yeah, I'm hopin' that Bill from SCP will be able to get the pulley and IC fan out to me soon. I really hope that they dont get stuck at the border due to the increased security. Ah well, only time will tell. What mods did you have when you ran 14.88?? I'm really hopin' for high 13's by the end of the summer, but its all about the $$$.

Lata
Luke

91BLOWNSC

umm..

I had a ZR Intake, 10% pulley, and removed resonator (rest of exhaust was stock). Ran it in May I think when it was about 50 or 60 out. My car is an auto. Expect a little better witha 5-speed.

ADR

Greased Lightning
Established Member
Whats up fellas, I have to say , my dad has a 90 SHO and a 97, I have never driven the 97 but when I first drove the 90 I didn't know anything about them and was straight shocked at how that thing pulled on the Highway !!! I was looking around in here to try to find out what kind of mods you guys are doing to your cars so I can tell him.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Originally posted by sohowcome
'91 ATX :eek: :eek:

Wow that would be a rare SHO..........

Zach:

Are you drinking again? :beer:

Who said anything about a 91 ATX?:shrug:

I must have missed it?!?:shrug:

Yes, that would be a rare one ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread