Good and bad news about the shelby motor (PICS)

Pulsar

Established Member
PowerWheels said:
Just looking at the lower pulley again, even though the total diameter on the pulley can't be increased much without hitting the crank position sensor or whatever it is, there is a pretty good groove in wheel itself, couldn't that be changed to allow for some boost increase? Or is it too small an amount to matter? How much of an adjustment in lower pulley size is needed to increase boost 2, 3, 4 lbs?

The depth of that lip is there on purpose. Unless you want to risk belt toss. Oh, and I'd advise you not to mess with the damper. Bad things can happen on this engine. Very bad things.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
dun4791 said:
Looks is if there are gonna be some lessons to be learned by the new SHELBY owners.....HUH?
I'm sure it won't take long for us to start to get them figured out. I'm sure this motor has big potential, we just need to figure out how to unlock it.

Joe Lynch

Established Member
What is the rev limiter going to be set at from the factory? What will the blower speed be at that rev limit with the stock pulleys?
There is a lot of weight in that damper outboard of the pulley grooves looks like to me.

This is fun.

Joe

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
Trust me! lots of people are working on getting around this stuff, They've been working on it a long time. Some have already been solved. That's all I can say with out getting shot! LOL

Tim

eichisama

SVT Lurker
Established Member
You know, I just had a thought regarding the pulley size issues. Why couldn't someone just add a "step" pulley? Run the belt from the crank to a new small pulley, and have a larger pulley on the same spindle run a belt to the blower. Voila - you can now adjust the blower speed via the new step pulley - and it should be very easy to swap out that new "step" to change your boost level very quickly.

From the looks of it, is there a place on the engine where you could mount such a thing?

Fourcam330

Established Member
Joe Lynch said:
What is the rev limiter going to be set at from the factory? What will the blower speed be at that rev limit with the stock pulleys?
There is a lot of weight in that damper outboard of the pulley grooves looks like to me.

This is fun.

Joe

Sup Joe. There's a reason that dampner, all Mod. dampners really, are that heavy. Stock rev limit is 6250.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
eichisama said:
You know, I just had a thought regarding the pulley size issues. Why couldn't someone just add a "step" pulley? Run the belt from the crank to a new small pulley, and have a larger pulley on the same spindle run a belt to the blower. Voila - you can now adjust the blower speed via the new step pulley - and it should be very easy to swap out that new "step" to change your boost level very quickly.

From the looks of it, is there a place on the engine where you could mount such a thing?

I doubt there is room for a mouse to fit in there, much less another set of pulleys. :shrug:

-Jeff

Fourcam330

Established Member
dun4791 said:
Looks is if there are gonna be some lessons to be learned by the new SHELBY owners.....HUH?

Not really. Stock GT500 + tune and increased blower speed (most likely from a new blower housing/snout) = Whippled Terminator Eater.

dun4791

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Not really. Stock GT500 + tune and increased blower speed (most likely from a new blower housing/snout) = Whippled Terminator Eater.

+500 lbs too...........we will see...........

crazyhorse06

Established Member
dun4791 said:
+500 lbs too...........we will see...........
how do you get 500 lbs. It is actually about 265. The power and chassis diff will easily overcome that. You guys talk about this like the Terminator is a light weight. Wake up. they are both heavy.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
crazyhorse06 said:
how do you get 500 lbs. It is actually about 265. The power and chassis diff will easily overcome that. You guys talk about this like the Terminator is a light weight. Wake up. they are both heavy.

+256 pounds over the already ridiculously heavy 03-04 Cobras..

LOL :xpl:

3920 pounds in insane.. Sorry, I love the car, and may even buy one in a few years, but they could have at least kept it down around 3600!

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Did any of you here over on the Ford GT board about the extremes that ford went to to keep people form upping the boost and then trying to hide it for warranty work. I have no idea if this is true, but it sounds like a odometer type logging system, where you cannot clear it with a reflash, it is permanently stored in the computer and would take a whole new computer to get rid of it.

They also said something about a secret making on the pulleys where they can see if it has been messed with.

I don't know, thought it was interesting. Does anyone think they will do this to the GT500?

Link

Users who are viewing this thread