Good Body Shop in the DFW Area

Shinigami23

Established Member
Just like the title says I am looking for a good body shop in the DFW area. I am wanting to have the car repainted, have some new body parts put on, and have some minor hail damage repaired. I am willing to pay for good quality work, but I don't want to get screwed either. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
American Body Works in Lewisville, they do a lot of pro touring/restomods, as well as insurance work. They fixed my truck last July when I was rearended, did a great job and the prices were reasonable. If you tell Pat that Kat sent you, or you're with Dallas Racing (they're a sponsor there), I believe they give a slight discount as well, but don't quote me lol

Address: 420 S Mill St, Lewisville, TX 75057
Phone: (972) 221-4355

Some of their work:
IMG_9036-2L-X2.jpg

And more here - https://hybred.smugmug.com/Photoshoots/American-Body-Works/

Shinigami23

Established Member
Thank you for the suggestion I will give them a call! Does anybody have any idea ballpark what I could expect to pay for something like that? I know there are different "levels" of paint jobs, but I don't need a $20,000 paint job or anything. I am just going to have them repaint it the stock black color from 2002. I have already spoken with some shops and I have been quoted as low as $3,500 on up to $8,000.

Thanks

Last edited:

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I really can't give you much of an estimate, I haven't had that kind of work done. But his prices were on par with the quack box shop my insurance made me get a quote from, so I imagine it'll be fair.

jdoyle

Computer Guru?
Established Member
ive been by american body works in lewisville. i didnt have any work done, but they had some NICE cars there.

Users who are viewing this thread