Good catback?

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
My personal opinion is that SLP makes the worst sounding mainstream cat-backs available for late-model Mustangs. About the only thing in my book that sounds worse are Cherry Bombs.
lol... +1

Well, FOO FOO on you two. LOL

Opinions vary. I loved the sound of the LM1s with stock H-pipe.
Yes, those are it.

Chery bombs or Smithies sound great on vintage setups! What do you think made all that great sound in the 70's?
YEP!!!....My 65 Koupe had glasspacks and it was about as loud as my EX's mach setup.

LOL, I don't think vintage cars with glasspacks sound all that great either. Apparently neither do most hot rodders, since at Cruisin' the Coast (a huge annual event that draws people from all over the country) almost all of these immaculate, perfectly restored (or original!) muscle cars are sporting Flowmasters or something similar.
Flowmasters are over-rated, and over-popular. HOWEVER....Exhaust sound and setup is MUCH like looks........heavily ways on personal opinion. And if we all had the same opinion, life would be boring.:beer:
I think THE BEST sounding system would have to be offroad X pipe with the Mac catback
I have to disagree. I installed Borla stinger catback with UPR highflow catted X-pipe.....BY FAR the best I have heard.

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
Exhaust sound if DEFINITELY a personal opinion. No doubt about that. And I do agree Flowmasters are way over-rated and over-popular. I like the sound of Blowmasters at idle, but that's about it. They are a shitty muffler IMO performance wise. Even still, Flowmaster >> Cherry Bomb in my book. That's only my book though. :D

I don't personally like the sound of LMs, their quality does seem to be quite good though.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Exhaust sound if DEFINITELY a personal opinion. No doubt about that. And I do agree Flowmasters are way over-rated and over-popular. I like the sound of Blowmasters at idle, but that's about it. They are a shitty muffler IMO performance wise. Even still, Flowmaster >> Cherry Bomb in my book. That's only my book though. :D

I don't personally like the sound of LMs, their quality does seem to be quite good though.

I have FLowies on my Tahoe...for some reason they sound alot better on pushrods, than modulars.

(they were on it when I bought it. :lol:)

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I have FLowies on my Tahoe...for some reason they sound alot better on pushrods, than modulars.

(they were on it when I bought it. :lol:)

That is a very popular opinion. Many people will agree that Flows sound good on 95 and prior Stangs. Another reason other than sound to hate flows is every newbie gets two things when they get a Stang...a metal CAI and Flows. Two horrible items for a Stang. But like I said..Borla Stingers + catted X/H FTMFW:beer:

boccella1

Established Member
Evolution in aston? I live close,, I have slp loudmouths with slp off road X on my mach. If u wanna hear it let me know.

Shinigami

Established Member
Evolution in aston? I live close,, I have slp loudmouths with slp off road X on my mach. If u wanna hear it let me know.

Thats the place. I just clicked off on a bbk x-pipe with borla catback.

What color Mach? I've seen yellow (think its Shawn from Evo), Grey, red and Blue around the area. I'm a 5 min drive from Evo.

Last edited:

scotmach

Established Member
I've had Magnapacks, Mac, and my current Bassani and they all sounded good. You couldn't pay me to put SLP or Chokemasters on my car.

weems

Mach Won
Established Member
i have a bassani x with a magnaflow catback and i dont really like it that much, my buddy has a 01 cobra with a bassani x and flows and it sounds great, thats what im switching to soon.

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
I have MRT and it fits like socks on a chicken. It looks and sounds great, but I can't, for the life of me, get it to quit rattling on components of the undercarriage.

TRmach03

No curb rash
Established Member
stingers FTW!!

thats what I have. If you look, you can get them for a good price, and theyre so worth it.

heres a video of my car, with just the stinger catback

th_Picture143.jpg

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
Spintech makes the best sounding stuff I've heard. Their performance is excellent too.

97SilverGS-T

Established Member
I don't know about you guys, but I really like my SSS Exhaust. It sounds great to me, and it was a fraction of what "big name" companies charge

SSS FTW

Users who are viewing this thread