Good catback?

HamMach1

Established Member
I'm running Magnapacks and a catted Magnaflow x-pipe and I love how clean it sounds. A little poppy on decel but not too much. I've also had a MAC catback with the x-pipe and that sounded good too but I wanted to try something different.

But I have to say... I love the sound of Flowmasters when it has more than just mufflers (midpipe and/or headers). There is a guy with one of those Steeda-fixed-up new edge GT and he definitely has Flows on it but I am unsure of what else but it sounds SO dope. Flows with nothing else sound pretty lame.

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
Flows with LT's and o/r mid-pipe can sound very, very good. They are still a power killer though, and some other mufflers sound even better behind the same setup. Like Spintech Sportsman Streets. :D

HamMach1

Established Member
Flows with LT's and o/r mid-pipe can sound very, very good. They are still a power killer though, and some other mufflers sound even better behind the same setup. Like Spintech Sportsman Streets. :D

IMO... Spintech and Flowmaster sound one in the same. However, I believe Spintech's quality is FAR superior to Flowmaster.

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
Actually, I don't think they could sound more different. At idle they sound similar, but at WOT the Spintechs sound more like Stingers than they do Flows.

HamMach1

Established Member
Actually, I don't think they could sound more different. At idle they sound similar, but at WOT the Spintechs sound more like Stingers than they do Flows.

Actually you're right. I have noticed how they sound like Stingers/Packs at WOT but have a chambered sounding idle.

Gosh... makes me want them now lol... best of both worlds :banana:

vertigyn

Established Member
My .02 - STAY AWAY FROM THE SLP's. I had the SLP LM2 on my car with the stock mid-pipe - this was great and I loved the sound. Then I put in an O/R X pipe and the SLP's were fo0kin rediculous. Almost sounded like a fart can on a ricer! =( So, I sold them and went to Magnaflows - was very happy!

Unfortunately...I know have a MAC system due to my recent swap to an IRS. Hopefully trading it off soon.

vertigyn

Established Member
my friend has the LM1's, OR X and LT headers on his GT.....sounds AMAZING everyone loves his setup.

2v's sound quite different than 4v's. Around 2500-3000 RPMs the SLPs make an EXTREMELY raspy ricer noise. Basically it will sound like you are at WOT and trying to race everyone even when you are doing a gentle acceleration.

I mean, you might like that - but I didn't =(

If you can - definately get LT's. They change the sound of every exhaust and are simply awesome =) I can't afford them though.

BM1

Established Member
The best cat-back money can buy is the stainless Bassani cat-back.

$700 from NinoSport.com

SLP LoudMouths sound like shit so don't buy those.

Last edited:

BM1

Established Member
I forgot to add that Magnapacks are probably the second worst sounding cat-back next to anything made by SLP.

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
The best cat-back money can buy is the stainless Bassani cat-back.

$700 from NinoSport.com

SLP LoudMouths sound like shit so don't buy those.

Wow let me guess you must have a Bassani Cat Back that you bought from NinoSport? Bassani is great but let's not forget about Borla Stingers! :rockon:
SLP and Magnapacks do not sound like shit!

WARNING: If you consider anything that BLACKMACH1 says. Remeber this is what he has said about the MACH1 in the past! Here are actual statements that he made about Mach1's in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Mach 1
Keep your Cobra. They're just as fast mod for mod, and they actually have some handling to them unlike the brick-on-jello feel of the Mach 1.

If you do decide to buy a Mach, be prepared to dump $2,000 into suspension to get it to handle decent. Expect to spend $4,000+ to get it to handle like it should.

Quote:
This is 2007, not 1967.

Regardless, muscle cars stopped being made in the 70s.

Quote:
It's a pony car. There should be no reason for it not to handle well.

Quote:
Drive something that handles well and you'll realize what you're missing. You CAN have the best of both worlds.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=429622&page=2

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread