Good early morninng kill

riocobra97

SVT is Life
Established Member
So i got off work around 5:50 this morning, about 10 minutes earlier than i expected. Im cruising down I-40 on my way home and up ahead i see an older blue Vette (01ish body style, not really knowledgeable about my vettes) come zooming down the entrance ramp and merge onto the interstate. I quickly drop to 4th and pick up some speed to catch up. As i pull up beside him i notice the vents in front of the rear tire signifying its a Zo6.

I shift back down to 4th to see if hes interested, he shifts down as well and i know its about to be on as a nasty exhaust note is evident when he down shifts. He hits it, hesitates for a second, then we both hit it at the same time. I pull him to my rear quarter panel and hold him till the top of 4th and shut down.

I slow back down to the speed limit and let him catch up, he let out before me, and we line up again. Again a 4th gear run for me, i get the hit this time and because i got the hit i put about half a car length on him before the top of 4th.

I slow down again and miss my exit letting him catch up. We line up again and he rolls down his window and asks for one more. I agree and shift down to 3rd this time to really get the boost up on the hit. He takes the hit this time and i drop back to his door. I quickly hit 4th and begin pulling him back in ever so slowly. I hit 5th and we both shut down with him taking it by less than a fender.

The car definitely had intake and exhaust but im unsure of what else. Very quick car and an awesome way to end the work night

Final outcome:
Cobra - 2
Vette - 1

:rockon:

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
yea, i'm over here in clemmons. Always good to get a kill early in the morning...make the other guy mull it over for the rest of the day.

riocobra97

SVT is Life
Established Member
yea, i'm over here in clemmons. Always good to get a kill early in the morning...make the other guy mull it over for the rest of the day.

Hahaha, absolutely agreed. It was a really close run though. A win is a win though, lol. If your just down the road in Clemmons we need to meet up sometime and hit up Starbucks or something. Not many cobra owners around the area that I know of.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
damn.. you ever run your car on the track? a stock 02-04 Z06 is capable of high 11's around 118-120 trap speeds.. and it sounds like he wasn't stock.. anyhow good, no great kill.. bet he wasn't expecting the outcome as it was..

riocobra97

SVT is Life
Established Member
Thanks guys, the car is definitely a blast to drive now that it's finally done. I'm hoping to get either a smaller blower pulley or a bigger crank pulley and get the boost up a few more pounds.

The car has never been to the track but my buddie, and tuner, David (tripleblk97) said it should be capable of mid 7 second 1/8 and 11 second 1/4's. Idk what trap speeds that normally sees but it would be close to that, depending on traction, or the lack there of. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread