Good GOD I LOVE this friggin car! (and the new clutch)

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Ive been breaking in the new clutch, and today I finally got hit the 500 mile mark, so I floored it. First I was doing about 50 on the freeway, DS into third, hit it, and completly blew the tires off. Scared the crap outa me, let off, got back on it. The clutch grabs and doesnt let go at all! ALso saw 14# on the gauge with the cold air at wot. I LOVE IT!

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Right on, glad you like the new setup. Could you break the tires loose in 3rd before the new clutch or do you think it's hitting harder? I have a feeling my stock clutch has been slipping for awhile without even knowing it.

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
I could never do that with the stock clutch, and everytime I would get onto the highway, doing a 2-3-4 pull, to say 100, you would smell the clutch right after (ever since I bought the car!) Ugh. Now, nothing (so far lol) WHen I would powershift, I could never get that true 'grab n go' feeling out of the shift, now the 1-2 gives me a crap load of wheelhop, and the 2-3 just spins a bit (DR's on the way).

Centerforce DF, D&D input shaft, mcleod tob sleeve, resurfaced stock flywheel.

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Ive heard that guys are going to summit for the centerforce DF. A lot of people like the Liberty input shaft, I went with the D&D unit though. Liberty one is a little cheaper (240) vs the 300 the D&D unit is. The TOB sleeve you go to Mcleod for direct. ALso using the CF TOB. Uhm...and I think thats all thats in there for now.

TRBO VNM

what is the difference in the 2 input shafts?

maybe I should search, but haven't seen much info on this site about the D&D. :shrug:

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
The D&D has a longer stub on the end of the shaft. Other then that I dont think there is any difference. Also, i'm not saying this will happen for everyone, but since the change, my 'drivetrain clunk' is gone. On the highway I can let off the gas and no 'thunk/clunk" anymore. woohoo!

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
mike79 said:
I could never do that with the stock clutch, and everytime I would get onto the highway, doing a 2-3-4 pull, to say 100, you would smell the clutch right after (ever since I bought the car!) Ugh. Now, nothing (so far lol) WHen I would powershift, I could never get that true 'grab n go' feeling out of the shift, now the 1-2 gives me a crap load of wheelhop, and the 2-3 just spins a bit (DR's on the way).

Centerforce DF, D&D input shaft, mcleod tob sleeve, resurfaced stock flywheel.

On the centerforce site, it says you can't re-use the stock flywheel .... I guess this is not the case?

thanks,
Crowley

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Crowley said:
On the centerforce site, it says you can't re-use the stock flywheel .... I guess this is not the case?

thanks,
Crowley

You can. SOme guys can get two cuts out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread