Good K-member for a single turbo setup.

rockinrhodes

IsThereSomethinInMyTeeth
Established Member
My next purchase is going to be a K-member with or without coil overs and arms. Been going back and forth between QA1 and UPR, but also thinking about spending that little extra for the MMR setup. Whats the tried-and-true company thats all around a good choice, for a single turbo 99 that is?

There's a slight budget for now, new employment opportunity came about and the recruiter (my friend) said I was a shoo-in. :banana:

blown 96'

Established Member
K Member

I went with Racecraft and the quality is great and great customer service. all said and done was around $1,200 with a arms and coil over. lots of clearence but im not sure with a turbo setup.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Just strickly a street car? Maybe a little 1/4 track action? Your over all goals for your car are going to be a big contributing factor to what K member you should get.

For a decent K member that doesn't break the bank and works with 99% of the turbo kits out there go with UPR.

rockinrhodes

IsThereSomethinInMyTeeth
Established Member
Exactly. Mainly street with a touch of 1/4. Good, good UPR suits well with afford ability.

crazycarlo

Established Member
well that might also be dependent on what turbo kit ur going with. You might want to check those out and see if the one your getting uses a specific one. I know the on3 kits were made around a QA1 and UPR's work but they wont gurantee it will fir with anything else.

rockinrhodes

IsThereSomethinInMyTeeth
Established Member
Yeah I've read a lot about fitting issues, I plan to build around the k-member once I figure out which one to buy. A buddy of mine owns an exhaust shop and can hook me up.

whtcobra1998

Jet Powered
Established Member
i have a qa1 and run it on the street. it works fine but i still worry. if your going to make the exhaust than run the maximum motorsports and know its reliable

rockinrhodes

IsThereSomethinInMyTeeth
Established Member
i have a qa1 and run it on the street. it works fine but i still worry. if your going to make the exhaust than run the maximum motorsports and know its reliable

A new MM setup is a little out of my budget right now. Why worry if "it works fine"?

QA1 here, never had a problem and is a very commonly used k and very affordable.

So, +2 for QA1.

Users who are viewing this thread